“Oh Bethy!” She threw her arms around me and gave me a big hug. “I’m so excited we get to go to school together again! I can’t wait to give you the scoop on all the cute guys here.”

I laughed a little. “I bet you’ve already got them all figured out.”

“Oh you know it!” Jenna linked arms with me and pulled me down the hall and into first period, which we happened to have together. “I even came up with a system for rating them so you know exactly how cute they are.”

“Okay, lay it on me.”

“EEEE,” she squealed, unlinking arms so I could sit then jumping into the seat beside me. “So you remember that boy in fifth grade that I had a crush on?”

“Jenna, you had a crush on every boy in fifth grade.”

She laughed. “Well, yeah, but this one I liked the most. I think his name was John or something.”

I smiled, knowing exactly who she was talking about. And his name was Jake. “Yeah, I know.”

“Well he’s about a five, middle range.”

“Only a five?” I laughed, “I thought you really liked him.”

“Well I did, but it was more the way he acted and how funny he was. Thinking back, he wasn’t all that cute.”

I laughed again. “Alright, what else.”

“Well, remember Robert Hanson? He was in either your or my class all through elementary school.” I nodded, figuring she was probably looking at me. “Well he’s a one, no doubt!”

“Jenna!” I gave her what I hoped was a shocked slash disappointed look. “He was a really nice guy.”

“Yeah, he had to be because he broke mirrors by looking in them!!”

I smiled, trying not to laugh. I loved Jenna, but she could be really mean to other people sometimes and I was trying not to encourage it. “Okay you evil little thing, moving on. Who’s the template for a ten?”

“Yeah, I don’t actually know yet. I haven’t found anyone worthy of a ten.” She paused for a second, then I could hear the grin in her voice. “But your brother is totally a seven.”

“Ah!” I put my hands over my face, trying to unheard that. “Are you still spazing over him? Really?”

She laughed and I heard the other students filing in then someone setting down a bag or something on the teacher’s desk and writing on the chalk board. Teacher’s here. I pulled a voice recorder out of my bag and set it on my desk. I may have some issues with actually taking notes, but it was alright because I was just going to record what the teachers said.

Jenna was humming some random song as she got her journal out then stopped right in the middle of it, not making a sound.

“Is something wrong?” I whispered, leaning toward her.

“Bethy,” she said quietly, leaning toward me, “I found a ten.”

“Really? What does he look like?”

“Oh my gosh, here he comes, he’s going to sit by you!” she said all in a rush before completely shutting up.

I heard someone sit down in the seat on my other side and sat back up. It was quiet for a moment, only the rustling of papers as he dug through his bag.

“Nice sunglass,” a somewhat deep voice said. It was the guy.

“Oh, uh, thanks?”

“You realize we’re inside, right?” I could hear the smirk in his voice.