Safe Haven? (Chapter 2)

Start from the beginning

After he finished his story we were all in shock. He just laughed it off then remembered something. He took us into a lab. "Now I've got to take blood samples just in case."

He took a blood sample from everyone and two from me. When it was Andrea's turn she almost fell. I was standing behind her, so I quickly caught her and guided her down to a chair. She gave me a small smile and I returned one.

"Are you ok?" Jenner asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"She hasn't eaten in a while, we all haven't." Jackie informed, by the smile on his face I could tell that he had something planned. It wasn't long after we all sat around a table with hot food in front of us. I looked over everyone's hungry faces. The smell was amazing along with the looks of the food.

I sat by Carl and Rick while Lori sat on the other side of Carl. We all dug into the food eating as much as we could. As we ate they got out some Champagne to drink. I guess you could say this was a celebration. For them it was a celebration about this place, and the food, and the doctor. But for me, it was for all these people letting me stay.

"I'm guessing none for you two." Shane chuckled passing along the champagne looking at Carl and I.

"I'll try it." I shrugged grabbing the bottle. I poured a little into my cup. No one could say no, because no one here controlled me.

"Me too, can I?" Carl asked and I got a disapproving look from Lori. She probably thinks I encouraged it, which I probably did.

"Just a little, you won't like it trust me." Lori warned. We both took a sip, he spit his out in disgust. I just kept drinking.

"That's my boy." Lori said giving me a weird look. I just shrugged as I set down the empty glass.

"Stick to your soda pop." Shane laughed as Rick tapped on his glass.

"Attention, we should be thanking Doctor Edwin Jenner. Without him we wouldn't be here." Rick said as Doc smiled. After we finished he took us through a hall of rooms. I quietly talked to Sophia asking her about the doll. I wasn't a doll kind of girl, but I wanted to make conversation.

"We have couches and pull out beds. There's a game room for the kids just don't plug in the games. And go easy on the hot water for the shower." He said walking away.

"Did he just say hot water?" Glenn asked.

"Yes, yes he did." T Dog replied.

I stood in the shower for what felt like forever. Dirt and blood left my hair falling down the drain. I almost forgot how it felt to be clean. When I got out I wrapped a towel around my body drying off. I ran my fingers through my nodded hair in pain. I got back into my old dirty clothes and went to the game room where Carl, Sophia, and Carol were.

"Hey you wanna play checkers?" Carl asked and they both smiled making me smile.

"Yeah, sure." I knew how to play the game, but I still let him explain to me how he played. I let him win, I made moves that made me lose. I don't know why I let him win, I guess I didn't like letting people down.

"So what's it like all alone?" The question threw me off guard. Carol glanced up from her book listening in. I didn't know exactly how to explain it.

"Well it feels, lonely like a cast away. If you know what that means, but I was scared and I'm still scared now. But I got three it, I'm almost like my own best friend. I got myself through it all alone."

"Well you have us now." He smiled but I sighed leaning back against the couch.

"Yeah but I don't think your parents like me."

"I don't know why they wouldn't. You're amazing! And your pretty much harmless."

"At first." I mumbled. Lori walked in and smiled looking at all of us relaxing. Her hair was wet, she must've just got out of the shower too.

"They have books?" She asked Carol seeing her read one.

"Yeah it could last us a life time reading these." Carol said.

"I like this place mom." Sophia said.

"So do I, now let's head to bed. We'll finally get some real sleep." Carol said.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I said heading into a bathroom. The others left but Lori looking at books. I heard talking then a smash. I turned off the sink water and ran to see Shane trying to kiss Lori. I froze not knowing what to do. Shane didn't see me but Lori did. She was helpless.

"Help!"

"Be quiet no one can hear you." He pushed harder against her despite he fact she kept trying to push her off.

"Get off of her." I yelled slapping his face leaving a mark. He jerked back stepping away, he was beyond angry. He put up his hand to smack me back.  Lori grabbed his arm before he could touch me.

"Don't you dare touch that child." Lori growled grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the room. Shane didn't follow us out but that didn't stop her from moving to fast. "Don't tell anyone what happened."

"I won't." I replied. "I promise."

"You'll sleep on the couch the opposite side from Carl. I don't want to risk Shane hurting you." We went into their room and I took off my shoes laying across from Carl. Rick wasn't in yet, so Lori went to go find him.  Later we all fell asleep, really fell into a real sleep mode, not by force, just normal.

New chapter! Please vote and comment what you think. The song is Castaway by 5SOS. If you noticed I used that band in the last one too. That's one of the main bands I listen to so I'll have a lot of there lyrics. Please tell others about my book that like TWD!!!