16

I sat down next to Chuck and immediately he hugged me.

"Can't...breath." I croaked out.

"Chuck let her breath she just woke up from a coma." Minho said.

"Sorry." Chuck said letting go.

Newt came and sat next to me and pulled me into a side hug. We ate breakfast and silence. Once I was done I stood up to take a walk, but Newt had grabbed my wrist.

"Why can't I go?" I ask a little annoyed.

"Because Ben escaped the pit and we don't know where he is. It's too dangerous. If you want to go Minho, Alby, or me have to come with you." Newt said.

"Will you come with me then?"

"Sure."

He finishes his food and then we go outside. Coming outside made me remember me running the first day here. Jumping off the tower, almost killing Minho. I remember it all.

"What are you thinking about?" Newt asked.

"Just my first day here." I respond.

"Ah, yes, I remember the day we all almost died because of a girl running super fast and doing parkour tricks."

"Hey!"

"What? I never said she was a weirdo."

"Still."

"So. How you feeling?"

"I don't know. It's weird I started to remember some things but not much."

"What do you remember?"

"I remember yelling at a woman telling her to put me I tot he maze Group A I believe I called it, and how I wanted to see you but she was saying how I wasn't supposed to be in that group but I threatened her and she allowed it then she said someone would try to kill me because they would remember me and that has me thinking."

"That's never a good sign."

I smile and continue, "She said someone is bound to remember me and try and kill me whatever that means. So I think Ben remembered me and tried to kill me for some reason that I don't know."

"Well we'll have to figure it out."

"True."

We then just continued on our walk talking until I felt a warm sensation in my hand.

"Newt go. Get away from me."

"What why?" He asked confused and concerned.

"You don't have to leave but back up some."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

I hadn't learned how to conceal this power but I knew that I had to learn. All of the sudden I saw a spark at my fingertip, then another, then another. Soon my hand held a fire ball.

"Bri, what the heck is happening?" He asked.

"I forgot to tell you that I also have fire powers. It's why my hair is a red orange color."

"So what you're telling me is that you have fire powers?"

"Yes hats what I just said."

"That's awesome!"

"Yeah except I can't control them."

"Oh just think of a happy thought and concentrate on it then maybe you'll control them and they'll go away."

"Okay."

I did as he said and the heat went away but I felt the sparks racism though my blood. It hit my heart and I fell to the ground.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." I said with a smile and got up.