Scarred

Mikoto stood under the shower in the gym of Haru's school. It had gone better then she had expected, sitting in on Arita's school. Everyone had been friendly to her, and hadn't even recognized her.. though she probably should have guessed that's what would happen after around 40 years of being missing. People just forgot what you looked like.

She ran finger over the long scar going down her back again. A faint white line.. going across her back. Every time she touched it, she would feel a twinge of pain, every time she stretched or bent over, it would feel like fire. When she had displayed how good of an athlete she was (despite being weak from cryogenic sleep). Haru's gym teacher had wanted Mikoto to join the class to 'teach these idiots how to run for real!' or so that's how the coach put it.

However she had quickly stopped after her pre-running stretches were raked with intense flesh biting pain.

Though the scar looked healed, it was still wrenching at her.. biting at her..

Mikoto suspected that there was something about Zant's attack that kept it painful. And that's why the pain wouldn't stop..

Mikoto bit her lip as she reached the center of the scar, and pain that felt literally like burning hot flames ignited. She withdrew her hand quickly, and leaned against the gym shower stall, panting. She had purposely waited till all the other girls were done showering before disrobing. She didn't want people she didn't know seeing the nasty scar.

Mikoto tearfully closed her eyes and took deep breaths. She was usually known by those closer to her for being one of those tough girls who liked adventures and getting dirty, not some whiny proper rich girl like the world thought she was.. however, intense pain was something that she wasn't used to.

Back in the Underworld, she learned what pain was, but never had to experience it often thanks to the fact that her great skill with a blade allowed her to block most blows and avoid severe injuries.. except for that point when she lost her leg, not to mention the burning feeling of the red hot scales of Gant's beast form, when she struggled to hold onto Kirito's hand. 

Mikoto was scared that the injury might be permenant. After having to deal with and move on from having a Prosthetic leg, she didn't want to have to experience that again. Luckily, it was only her avatar that required the leg, not her.. she had all her limbs intact in the real world. But, this scar..

There was just something extremely intrusive and evil about it.. she despised and hurt every moment she remembered it was there.

"Mmmmmm..." said another voice. "The hot water is good isn't it?"

Mikoto nearly fell out of the stall. "Neh!? I thought I was the only one in here!?"

A beautiful girl with long black hair and pale skin peeked over the shower stall from the next one over. "Hello Misaka-san, it's been too long."

"Black Lo- I mean Kuroyukihime-Sempai!!" said Mikoto.

"I was hoping Haruyuki would find you." said Kuroyukihime with a smile. "I was worried."

"Did you know I was in here?" Mikoto asked

"No.. I actually like to take my showers late as well." said Kuroyukihime. "Haruyuki mainly filled me in on all that transpired. So now that rogue program Midna is your Parent? I've heard rumors of Black Midnight, but I never thought a Level 9 besides the 7 Kings would actually exist.. I guess she didn't reveal herself because she thought she might have to fight me for the spot of Black King.."

"To be honest, she's mischievous, but she doesn't seem like the power craving type to me." said Mikoto. "A bit of a stark difference from the Midna I saw in the old Zelda game... other then that, it's hard to tell that she isn't the actual Midna."