Black Midnight

"Rrgggh.." Mikoto groaned as she got up in the blackness, where she could feel something rather cushiony below her that must have broken her fall. "I.. can't see.. Where am I Midna?"

"Hmm.." Midna muttered. "Well.. I have to say, it's a good thing that Cryogenic sleep temporarily impairs your thinking, or I don't think you'd have gone through with that jump. Don't worry.. you're in the trash compactor.."

"Trash Compactor!?" Mikoto cried out, now feeling very worried.

"Which isn't scheduled to start up for 2 hours!" said Midna. "Don't start panicking now, or this is going to get difficult!"

"This already IS difficult!" Mikoto stammered.

"Remember how you got frozen in the first place?" Midna asked. "The Cryo Spell? Before that happened.. when somebody found a way to bring fluctlights and data objects into the Real World.. you could say they might have overdid it... there's something in here that the scientists recently threw away along with a massive set of dirty mattresses and pillows, that might help.. fools.. they didn't even know what they had when they got rid of it.."

"What is it?" Mikoto asked. "How do I find it?!"

"It's right next to you." said Midna. "feel for it.. come on! On your right!!"

Mikoto groped around to the right.. and found.. the hilt of a familiar feeling sword. "No way.."

She felt herself wrench the sword out of the trash.. and as she did, a dim light shone out, lighting up the surroundings just barely, as the Master Sword's blade glowed.

"That's.. unexpected." Mikoto whispered, as she raised the blade high in the air, so she could get a good look at the round room full of pillows and beaten looking mattresses. "Why throw THIS away?"

"They thought it was some cosplay replica." said Midna. "I suspect it wasn't as interesting as the Gore Magala. You see, Data Objects made real, are unique, because, some of them normally wouldn't work in real life.  The Master Sword for example.. wouldn't have been good for combat because.."

"Because the hilt's too heavy and laden with decorations and stuff." said Mikoto. "I know.. I watched it on Videogame Myths. But... this feels completely perfect."

"Because it's material is made out of something I like to call Data Bits.. " said Midna. "Data Bits have their own unique morphic composition that can either be organic, nonorganic or both.. They have no definite weight except for what the program back in the VRs program them to have.. as a result. .you have a perfectly balanced sword. Now.. go to your right.. and cut open the wall.. it'll be easy.. like cutting butter."

Mikoto did as Midna said, and before she cut open the wall, she slashed around experimentally with the blade..

"What are you doing?" Midna said.

"I've been sleeping for a while. "Said Mikoto. "Just getting reacquainted with her feel."

Mikoto stabbed the sword into the wall, and felt delighted to see it's blade stabbed halfway through the wall with little effort. She carved a square into the wall, and kicked the piece of metal with a foot.. creating a box shaped hole.. from which light spread out..

She leapt out to find she was in some sort of massive jungle.. trees, plants.. a lush dense forest with artificial sunlight streaming down from lamps on the ceiling.

"This is the Bio Research zoo." said Midna. "Where they keep unique creatures and mutations to study.. it's actually been around since you lived in Academy City, but it later expanded into the Cryogenics research lab. There's somebody here you'll need to get out.. she could've escaped sooner.. but she's been waiting for you.."