Chapter 26

The first thing Donghae had felt before he opened his eyes was a throbbing headache that seemed to spread from his temples to the back of his head. He groaned in pain and attempted to open his eyes but the blare of light only made the pounding ache split his head in half. He closed them again and it took a moment before he realized his body hurts as well. Especially his back. Squinting his eyes, he rolled on his side and realized he was lying on the floor, a piece of cloth had been draped carelessly on his bare torso. What the... what happened.... Unable to come up with answers, he looked around, peering on his sorroundings before recognizing that he was in his room. He crawled towards his bed, feeling all his bones hurting at every move, leaving the shirt or whatever that is on the floor. He plopped heavily on the bed and groaned as he felt one side of his face in pain too. He laid flat on his back, spreading his arms wide on the bed as he tried to let the headache pass. Damn, what happened?

It took a moment before recollection of calling KiBum in the bar fluttered in his memory. He drank... he couldn't remember how many shots he had drank, trying to drown himself to forgetfulness—no, that was supposed to be celebration— and he doesn't remember anything after that. He needs to remind himself to kick Kibum's ass for just dumping him on the floor. Where is the sense of friendship nowadays? He rolled painfully on his other side.

A sudden image of Dara clipping him in the face emerged in his mind and his eyes snapped open, a slight crease appearing on his forehead.

Yes, it's wet because you spilled your drink, you moron.

He stared at a point somewhere in the wall trying to remember clearly, the crease more pronounced now but all he could remember was Dara telling him he's a moron and her giving him her left hook. His hand lifted to touch the side of his jaw that feels to be a ltitle tender than the other. Did Dara punched him? Did it really happened? Or was it just a dream? Did his mind conjured up the image of Dara because he was thinking of her too much? But if it is, being punched isn't actually one of the things he should be fantasizing about.

He threaded his fingers through his hair, closing his eyes, hoping the headache would pass soon. So this is what it feels like to have a hang over. He never drank alcohol, except in special occassions. And he never get drunk. He groaned again and burrowed his face on the cover of his bed as the onslaught of Dara threading her fingers through his hair and kissing him as fiercely as he was kissing her infiltrate his weak mind. That's it, no more dirnking for me. His mind is so muddled he had a hard time telling the difference between reality and his fantasy. Dara kissing him passionately would be a far cry from reality. Dara punching him would probably the most realistic scenario that could've happened.

A slight vibration in his pocket snapped him out of his pained thinking. He groped on his pocket for the phone, squinted at the name of the caller and felt a sudden rush of guilt. Why is he even wasting time thinking of Dara when he's got someone as perfect as Yoona? He took a deep breath before answering, closing his eyes again trying to ignore the pain in his head.

"Hey beautiful," his voice came out raspy and hoarse.

Yoona chuckled. "Late night? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"No, it's okay...," Donghae said. "What time is it, anyway?"

"It's already close to 10."

Donghae groaned again. "Aw crap...."

Yoona let out a soft chuckle again. "Well, I just called to let you know that I already booked the flight to Barcelona and the earliest I could get is 3. Is that okay for you?"