Chapter 4

Having realized she had the capability to actually like someone from the opposite sex, Dara had felt the energy draining out of her, her soul leaving her. She had grimaced as she realized these new feelings are  sprouting on her pores, leaking into her skin. For years of actually living with the thought of being unmoved by that thing called emotions, she is now yielding to one. And she doesn't like it one bit.

Her family are the only people she could say are within her scope of emotional attachment and the people outside of it are just people who passes by so this new development in her life is enough to knock her out. She got up from her bed, feeling glum, as she opened the bathroom door.

She couldn't fathom what is with her to actually like a guy whom she could probably take out in a boxing match, no matter how muscular he seems to be or how lean or how well-built— She banged her head slightly on the door frame to get her brain back into its place. Oh my god, why did she have to like a guy? Why did she have to like that guy? Why???

"You know, you're looking like an idiot."

Dara turned her head towards Suzy who is still lying on her bed burrowed under the covers as she watched her with amusement. Suzy chuckled at Dara's expression. "Does he look like a mutant or something? Because, you know I can totally understand why you're acting that way. Does he look like an alien or something like out of this world?"

"He looks like a fuckin' prince charming!" Dara answered almost belligerently. "His eyes are hypnotizing, his smile is riveting, his laugh is cute, his whole physique is something like those guys from the novels you're fond of reading, he's gentle. A nice guy. I just can't understand why I would like him!"

Suzy's mouth twitched. "Right," she said. "I don't understand why you would like him either. He sounds like the typical, usual guys you see from every corner of the city."

Dara rolled her eyes at Suzy's sarcasm. She would never understand. She went inside the bathroom preparing to take a shower to go to work again. She couldn't remember the last time she had actually liked someone. Probably when she was in grade school when her father had insisted she learned self defense by taking up boxing and she always looked forward to those classes because she likes looking at her teacher who was 20 years her senior. It was when she stepped into highschool when her mother put a stop on her classes, as Dara keeps getting detention for getting into fights and her getting called everyday in the school office, did she realized she was more heartbroken of not being able to do boxing again rather than not seeing her teacher anymore. And that was the end of her attempt of female angst.

Maybe, this is one like that time too. She just needed to figure out what she had liked that comes along with Donghae. Free food, maybe? Free ride? She nodded to herself. Okay, maybe that's it. Like her father said, there's always a reason behind everything. Never take anyone's word at face value. So if she says she likes Donghae, it meant she likes all the free stuff that comes with it.

Feeling her mood lighten, she finished her shower and dressed up for work. Suzy is now sitting on her bed, her phone in her hand but was watching Dara as she pulled on her jeans and a baggy shirt with a bear in the front.

"You're looking cheered up," Suzy commented.