Chapter 18

Stop thinking about it! No, it did not happen! It never happened! That was just something that happened by accident so... it doesn't mean that it actually happened. It's like being bitten by a bug. You're not aware of it until it stings so it's best to just forget about it. Then why the hell can't I get it off my mind?? Arrrghh!!!

Her mind had been warring with herself as she sat on the stone bench beside Chaerin who was laughing and watching the boys play water dodgeball. The game looked fun but her eyes were unfocused and her face feels like it's carved on stone as that... incident... replayed in her mind over and over and over again. It felt like it had been a dream -no- a nightmare she needs to wake up from. Why did he kissed her like that? Why did she let him? And most importantly, why did she kissed him back? The same way he was kissing her?

She wanted to punch someone. Or better yet, she wanted to punch a hole in the ground so she could jump in and hide for the rest of her life. Okay, you need to relax. It's not like it meant something. It's just a freakin' kiss for crying out loud. And I don't have problems with physical contacts. It's just a skin touching a skin. Nothing else. And besides, it's not like I kissed him for nothing. It's all for show. Because Chaerin was there. She snuck a glance at Chaerin at the corner of her eye. Did she saw it? Why is she not saying anything? How long was she there? Now that she think about it, when she went out from the kitchen, she already saw Chaerin sitting on the bench and and she hurried over to her side out of nowhere to go because her brain's a mush. A horrified thought struck her. How long had they been kissing? Was it that long for Chaerin to go out of the kitchen and sit comfortably on the stone bench? Oh god! What about the two boys, Bobby and Hanbin. How long were they standing there? Oh dammit!

For some unknown reason, her senses suddenly went on alert and she glimpsed Donghae who went out from the kitchen following the two younger boys. She averted her eyes and focused her attention on the intricacies of the sun's reflection on the pool.

"Are you okay?"

Dara spun her head to look at Chaerin who was looking at her in concern. "Of course," Dara answered immediately. "Why do you ask?" She hates it that her voice sounds like she was guilty or something.

Chaerin's forehead creased at her high pitched tone. "Are you sick?" Chaerin's hand went to her forehead.

"Of course not," Dara said taking her hand off her.

"You look flushed," Chaerin said.

Dammit! Of course her face picked that moment to flame even redder at Chaerin's observation. She forced out a little laugh fanning her face with her hand. "Oh, well... yeah... I do feel a little... hot-" wrong choice of word. "-I mean, sick! Sick... right now. Yeah, I feel a little sick. Like heating up." Then she realized what she said again. "I mean, feverish!" What the hell is happening to her interminable wordlist?

Chaerin's brows furrowed even more in puzzlement. "Do you just want to take a rest?"

"Yeah, I think I'll do that," Dara agreed immediately and already starting to stand up from the bench.

"Donghae oppa!" Chaerin called.

"What are you doing?!" Dara hissed covering Chaerin's mouth. She saw Donghae glance in their direction at the corner of her eye but she refused to look back at him.

Chaerin shrugged off Dara's hand from her mouth. "What? I'm calling your boyfriend so he could take care of you."

"Take care-" She uttered in disbelief then shook her head. "I'm not a baby."