4. Persuade Me

"Astrid wait!" Eret yelled running after her. Astrid ignored him and continued storming away to the docks.

"Leave me alone Eret!" She yelled back over her shoulder.

"You have to get over it Astrid! You can't hold a grudge against these dragons!"

"I can and I will!"

Astrid stormed over to one of the boats and grabbed her stuff from the boat. She walked over to one of the smaller boats left by one of the villagers and began to untie it.

"Where are you going?" She looked up from her work to see Hiccup standing next to her with Eret by his side.

"Away from here that's for sure." She snapped before turning her attention to the ask at hand.

"Look Eret told me everything that happened. That doesn't sound like the normal behavior of the dragons actually."

"Well maybe the dragons where we come from are different from yours."

"But dragons would never try and kill people unless they feel threatened. And I doubt you guys would do anything to anger or threaten them."

"Have you even seen what they had done to our home?" She asked standing up with an angry look on her face. "You have not seen the burned down houses and dead bodies of livestock and Vikings strewn around? We lost almost everything; our families, our homes, and almost our own sanity!"

"I understand your anger but please understand that not all dragons do things like that!" Hiccup said holding his hands in in defense. "Believe me, my father thought all dragons were the same, we all did till I met Toothless. He showed me that dragons are amazing and kind creatures."

"Well maybe he hasn't met the ones we had to fight and kill to survive."

Astrid climbed into the boat and began to push it away from the dock when something snatched her up into the air. She screamed and held onto the scaly leg of the dragon that held her captive. She heard shouts from below and saw Hiccup climb onto his dragon and fly after them.

"Skull Crusher release her!" Hiccup yelled as he got closer and Toothless roared loudly at the dragon. The large green and red dragon roared back at Toothless but didn't release her. "I'm sorry he isn't acting like himself, he lost his rider when we fought Drago so I don't think he is doing so well from recovering from the shock."

"Okay that's nice but that isn't gonna be helping me get out of his grip!" Astrid said pounding on Skull Crusher's claws. She heard another roar and saw a large four winged dragon fly up to them. A woman in her late forties rode on it's back wearing strange looking armor.

"Skull Crusher release her!" She yelled in a Celtic accent. Skull Crusher roared and shook his head angrily.

"PUT ME DOWN!" Astrid yelled and gave a hard punch to Skull Crusher's paws. He gave her a look and released her.

Astrid screamed as she felt herself fall. She could see the island getting bigger by the second. She felt fear and dread rush through her as she fell. Suddenly, she was jerked upwards and she stopped falling.

"You okay?" Hiccup asked holding onto her. She realized that she was sitting on his lap and his face was quite close to hers.

"Yeah I'm fine." she said quickly and prayed her face wasn't red.

"Again, sorry about Skull Crusher, he is suffering a lot and he's never been like this."

"Well you might as well fix him."

They landed by the docks and all the Gyros villagers rushed to her. Astrid saw the dragon Skull Crusher land near them and she glared at him. He gave her what looked like a smirk and began to walk away when Toothless stopped him.

"Okay this is definitely getting out of hand Skull Crusher." Hiccup said resting his hand on the dragons horn. "You were doing fine yesterday so what happened?" Skull Crusher looked at Hiccup and then glanced at Astrid before giving him a smirk.

Wait, Hiccup thought, did he snatch her up and drop her so i could catch her? The look the Rumblehorn was giving him pretty much gave him the answer. Oh gods....dad really is rubbing off on him.

"Hey so is she staying or not?" Snotlout asked Hiccup. Hiccup glanced over at where Astrid stood and shrugged.

"If she wants to leave she can, I'm not gonna make her feel upset after what happened."

"I'm staying." Astrid said suddenly appearing next to him.

"You are?" Hiccup asked in surprise.

"Yes but I'm not gonna get on a dragon." Astrid said poking him hard in the chest. Her finger put pressure on the spring and it released the back fin on the back of his suit.

"Hey watch it with that!" Hiccup said as he reeled it back in place. Astrid laughed and gave him a challenging smirk. Hiccup didn't say anything but then grabbed her hood and pulled it over her head. Astrid gave a little yelp as he yanked her forward and looked at her in the eyes. "Don't try that again." he said in a low voice before pulling her forward again and kissed her softly on the lips

Hehe I used the score from the first HTTYD movie called Astrid Goes For A Spin which I kind of based this scene on but remember Astrid is still wary of these dragons so no Romantic Flight score till later.