Easy V Chapter 73

“ You can’t just leave”, he said following me into my room. “ Why not it won’t be the first time well a first for actually telling someone I’m leaving anyway this needs to end I need it to be finished”, I said pulling my suitcase out from under my bed. “ Damn it Sam listen to me you can’t go”, he said annoyed. “ I can and I will tonight I’m going on a date, a real date with Peter then tomorrow morning I’m leaving and so are Becca, Lyla, Lorena, Andrea, James and Alexander”, I said throwing clothes into my suitcase. “ Samantha Rose Harris will please stop for a second and listen”, he said furiously. “ I’m letting you convince me to stay you’re the reason I have to go”, I said throwing makeup into my cosmetics bag. “ What why?”, he said caught off guard. “ Because I love you damn it I love you so much it hurts inside I don’t want to feel this way not when you’re with Josie I can’t let this happen all over again”, I said closing my bag, “ I can’t take my heart breaking again I just can’t”. “ Sam I…”, he said trying to find words.

“ Please don’t just do one thing for me”, I said looking away. “ What is it?”, he said anxiously. “ Forget this ever happened”, I said quickly. “ I can’t do that”, he said softly. “ Yes you can you belong with Josie just leave it at that it was just a meaningless fling”, I said without looking at him. “ I never meant to hurt you Sam I loved you so much I’m sorry I hurt you”, he said miserably. “ Thank you Oliver but its done now no use thinking about it its time to move on”, I said hesitantly.

Josie woke up at three and soon everyone was home celebrating and I put on a smile but inside I was aching. I called Peter and he agreed to a date at the fanciest restaurant in town. I got packed and told everyone I was leaving.

“ I’ll miss you”, Josie said hugging me. “ I’ll miss you too Jose”, I said sadly. The twins were very understanding about the whole thing it was Sage that had the biggest reaction. “ You’re leaving me you really don’t care”, she said then ran to her room and closed the door. I tried to talk to her but she refused to open the door for anyone even Oliver and Josie. I felt bad but it was time for my date so I said goodbye through the door and ran out the door. “ Be home by one”, Oliver called after me and I fingered him as I closed the door. I was wearing a short navy blue sleeveless dress with black lace over top and black silk scarf around my neck. I got in my car and drove over to the restaurant only to find Peter sitting in a stool waiting for me. I waved and went over and sat across from him. He ordered for me while I sipped the wine.

While we ate we talked but as it turned out we didn’t have that much in common it was like with Will there was no spark. I kissed him goodnight before I left then drove back to the apartment. I found men waiting for me and I recognized the leader. “ Hello Samantha”, Eric smiled. “ What do you want Dalton”, I snapped. “ I can’t get Josephine or kill Tanner so I’ll just take away what he wants the most”, he said thoughtfully. I backed away and hit my car setting the car alarm off. I heard hurried footsteps and saw everyone run in. Dalton quickly put his arm around my neck and showed his fangs. Everyone stopped and they looked so scared I needed to do something. “ You messed with the wrong girl”, I said elbowing him in the gut then flipped him over and caught the knife Oliver threw me and stabbed it into his heart, “ anymore takers”. The men shook their heads then ran off falling over each other in their hurry. “ You did it jailbait now the Houston vampires know who you are too”, Oliver said looking me in the eye. I smiled and nodded and everyone chatted in my ear on the way up but I didn’t know how to reply it was like talking to the paparazzi. I went into the living room and knocked on Sage’s door after everyone had gone to bed.

“ Go away”, she cried. “ Ouvrir la porte”, I said evenly. She got up and opened the door and knelt down and hugged her crying into my shoulder.

“ Its okay Sage I’m not going forever I’ll visit you all I promise”, I assured her. “ You promise you won’t forget me”, she said. “ How could I forget you Sage how could I forget the little girl that I held that day in that the hospital room you’re like a daughter to me and I’ll never forget that”, I said hugging her. I tucked her back into her bed and once she was asleep I kissed her on the forehead and left closing the door behind me. I went and kissed the twins goodnight and then went into my room and pulled my album out one last time. The next morning I woke up and changed into a white button up blouse with a black belt around my waist and some skinny blue jeans. I drank my coffee then went to say my goodbyes. “ Oh Sam you have to call everyday you promised”, Yvonne said hugging me. “ I promised if you and Tucker decided to you know tie the knot send me an invitation”, I said pulling away. “ I will”, she smiled. “ I’ll miss you so much Sam”, Abby said hugging me. “ I’ll miss you too A keep out of trouble and trust your heart”, I said trying not to cry. “ You too jailbait”, she smiled through the tears. “ Oh Sam god I’m going to miss you”, Ellen said hugging me tightly.