Easy V Chapter 67

“What is it Sam”, he asked standing the doorway. “ My stomach is making funny noises it wants nachos I think”, I said honestly. He laughed then left then came back with the nachos.

I watched her eat the nachos and talked about the pictures from the album while she pointed them out.

“ Oliver what does this mean”, she suddenly asked. I looked over and saw her pointing at a drawing. It was a bleeding diamond Luke’s mark. “ It was a tattoo”, I lied. “ Did it hurt when I got it”, she asked tracing it with her finger. “ Yeah it did”, I said honestly. I didn’t want to scare her when she was still so fragile. “ She was your wife wasn’t she”, she asked looking at the wedding ring on my finger. “ Who?”, I asked surprised. “ Her”, she said pointing a picture of Josie. “ Yeah she and Sage is our daughter”, I said sadly. “ Before the darkness took her away”, she said mostly to herself. “ Yeah”, I said without thinking. “ I don’t want that”, she said shaking her head, “ I don’t like this darkness it sounds bad”.

“Don’t worry Sam I’ve never meet anyone as strong as you”, I assured her. She nodded and went back to eating her nachos watching the cheese fall with a peaceful smile on her face. She found everything interesting and strangely it was fascinating like she was showing me the world from her point of view. “ Can I see the twins?”, she asked all the sudden. “ oh sure James Alex come here”, I called. The twins came running in and they hugged their mother happily. “ Nice to see you mom”, Alex said excitedly.

“Well I’m going to go watch TV”, I sighed heading for the door. “ Okay I’ll see you later”, Sam said absentmindedly.

The twins were sweet and caring and I was fond of them they were funny. We talked about different things and they showed me what the big screen did in my room did it was strangely fascinating and there was a device that made the picture change. The pictures were moving and the story was sad so I started to cry softly and the boys left after awhile to go work on something called homework. Sometime later I turned the TV off and the room went dark and I saw that the stars were back. I sat in the window seat and looked up at the moon feeling a strange calm take me over.

“ Hungry”, I heard Oliver ask finding me in the room with the food later on. “ Yes”, I said looking through the food. “ Tucker its dinner time”, he called and another man entered. “ Hey jailbait”, he said looking at me. I smiled having no idea what he meant, “ the pizza will be here in two minutes”.

“Is pizza good?”, I asked Oliver.

“ Cheese pizza is”, yet another guy said entering. “ Lawrence how about you explain pizza”, a girl said entering.

“Very well Abby pizza is bread with sauce and toppings like cheese on it”, Lawrence explained. “ Sounds good”, I shrugged. “ Its delicious it goes great with beer”, another girl said coming in followed by more people another two boys and four other girls. “ Sam this is Yvonne”, he said pointing at the leader. “ Hey S”, she smiled. “ This is David and Becca”, he said pointing at the blonde and the first boy the pointed at the three girls,

“these girls are Lyla, Lorena and Andrea”. “ Hey Sammy”, the girls said. I nodded and gave them a stunning smile. “ And this is Will he’s a close friend”, Oliver said pointing out the last boy. “ Hi Sam”, he smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

Pizza was delicious I sat next to Oliver watching the stars as I ate. The Will guy kept looking at me there was something in his eyes that confused me what was even stranger was the look he and Oliver exchanged occasionally. I didn’t say anything just watched them picking up habits. Sage followed me into my room and showing me some stuff to sleep in.

I picked out a cream silk dress with lace finishes and took the shoes off and laid down on the bed looked out at the moon.

“ Oliver”, she said softly feeling him nearby. “ What’s wrong”, he asked walking over. “ That girl she wants to kill me doesn’t she”, I asked hesitantly. “ Yeah but she won’t we won’t let her”, he reassured me. “ Are you going to leave?”, I asked panicked. “ Not if you don’t want me to”, he said sitting down on the bed.