Dawn of a vamp part 7

So dear I love him that with him,

All deaths I could endure.

Without him, live no life.

~ by William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Seduce my mind and you can have my body,

Find my soul and I'm yours forever.

~ by Anonymous

"the nights young" Damien whispered in my ear his arms encircled my waist. i didnt know how long i sat cradeld there simply enjoying his embrace. the days troubles seemed like a distant memory wrapped in damiens arms.

"you should get some sleep" i mumbled absent mindedly into his chest. Damiens reply was muffled against the silky folds of my tousled hair.

"im not leaving you for a minute, not after today" he vowed his voice burned with perfect sincerity, it was hard to doubt his words. in my lovers arms it was hard to doubt anything. the world had faded into a non exsistant orb. Damien was my sun, my moon, my stars. he was the grass beneath my feet on a summers day. the long blades that tickled the soles of my feet, as i sunbathed in the golden sun.

"Dont be ridiculous you cant watch me forever" i mumbled patheticaly, my heart shuddered at the thought. Damiens slim pale fingers laced themselves under my chin with a sharp jerk he brought my head to meet his own. his eyes blazed with there own fire. i had to fight the urge to blink.

"Il watch you untill the stars burn out" he vowed. translation? he wouldnt let me out of his sight. well for a while at least, damiens head already rested against my shoulder.we had spent the remainder of the day making plans, discarding others. Damien was all for informing the council members i how ever was not so enthusiastic. it would mean revealing the whereabouts of cody. and i wasnt sure i was ready to loose my little boy... not just yet. please just let him be my boy for a little while longer,i begged silently.

Damien drew calming circles down my back, i felt the same familar fire settle in the pit of my stomach. and i closed my eyes utterly content.

Damien planted heated kisses along my jaw, he settled me more comfortably onto his lap. a low purr vibrated deep within my chest. Damien tried to hide his smug smile, i swatted him playfully on the shoulder.

Despite the pleasure of his touch his kisses frightend me. there was to strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mine, his grip although not painful was not comfortable either. Damien couldnt restrain his fear.

I moved restlessly under his embrace. torn. not wanting to spoil this perfect moment but not wishing to prolong this feeling of raw tension.

"Damien" i warned, though my reply was strangled by another heated kiss. i sighed moving my lips against his i forced them to move into a slower rythm.

after a moment or two damien sighed and gazed unseeingly into my eyes.

"i need to think alots happend to today and i just need time to sort things out in here you know?" i tapped the side of my head for emphasis.

"but i might need protecting" damien muttered his expression sullen. i nearly gave up then and there. he looked so adorable so crestfallen his raven locks, tumbled into his tawny eyes. my hand longed to sweep back that carpet of wild dissaray.

"Im sorry...damien i..i" i couldnt finish my sentence. i couldnt simply sit here and pretend everything was normal even for a few moments. not while this shadow hung over our heads.

"Juliet" he growled, his eyes filled with deep concern. they watched my every movement as i retraced my footsteps to the door.

"dont do this" his voice nothing more than a quiet whisper, muted by the thud of my bare soles as they ran down the stairs. my feet took me in no paticular direction, i found myself headed up another flight of steps towards