33.

Remembering the way was easy. Knocking on the door - not so much. This was it. I would either have myself heard or walk away broken and alone.

What if he wasn't in? Oh god, he could be at the office given how busy he said he would be.

Well, there's only one way to find out, and standing here doing nothing wasn't going to be it.

KNOCK KNOCK!

Whoops - I had not meant for it to sound so loud. I was now kind of hoping he wasn't in just to save myself the embarrassment.

'WHAT ON EARTH...' Tims voice trailed off at the end as the door fully opened, and he could see it was me. 'Jesus Jay, I thought you were the police or something - who knocks that loudly?!'

His face was a mixture of relief and anger, and I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

'I... I... ' I had no idea what to say.

'Jay.' His voice was soft, but I couldn't help but imagine it waver slightly.

'Look, I know I hurt you. And I totally deserved to be stood up, but I - scratch that - I totally did not deserve that. I wanted to discuss us and what our next steps were.

I love you. I want and need you. I dream about you every time I sleep and daydream about you when I'm not.

I remembered something, Tim. The house of the back of your office door. I stumbled into the place I bought it and remembered! It's only a small vague memory, but it's enough for me to know you are the one.

I know I freaked out and treated you badly, but you have to understand I needed the time. I've never had memory loss and turned gay for the same man twice before. How on earth is anyone expected to react to that?

And I know you no longer want me, and you've given up, but I couldn't let you go without making one last attempt at trying.

So what I'm asking is, will you take me back?'

I was met with an unmeasurable silence. Tim didn't want me anymore, and there was nothing more I could do.

I turned around on the spot and put my hand on the door.

'You idiot,' Tim said as he spun me around and proceeded to kiss the life out of me.

He broke us apart all too soon. 'You idiot Jay! You don't just walk away after a 3 second silence.'

'But you didn't say yes.'

'It was 3 seconds! The answer was always going to be yes.'

'Then why didn't you turn up to the dinner you suggested?!'

'I'm a big fat chicken, is why. I thought you were going to confirm the relationship was over and I couldn't hear it. That text you sent made it very clear it wasn't of a romantic nature as to why you wanted to see me.'

'But... I was trying to play it cool.'

'I'll say it one more time. You idiot. I love you so much it's been hurting me to breathe when I see you. I've been avoiding you because I was afraid of what I'd do or how I'd cope around you.

When I've not been at work, I've been here bawling my eyes out on the bed.'

Tears were pouring down my face. He still wanted me! 'Then get here and sweep me off my feet into the bedroom! And after that we'll just have to get married or something. And also get pizza, I was so determined to come here that I forgot to eat.'

'Now that sounds like a plan. Except for the marriage thing - it'll take a bit longer than a pizza to make it official. And our families would kill us if we didn't invite them and provide a cake or somethi-' I kissed him to shut him up before dragging him by his shirt colar to the bedroom.