57 Kassidy

Thank you so much all of you because my story just reached over 100k reads a few days ago! If I tried to express how grateful I am for your support since I joined wattpad last January, we'd be here all day. But I just wanted to le you guys know how much this means to me! Just a heads up for this chapter, many people still describe Frank with a "baby face" even though that disappeared and he became much better looking after Ares blessed him. So don't comment about how Frank shouldn't be attractive please :)))))

I've lived in Canada all my life and I've never wished that I lived somewhere else. Right now I'm currently pulling up into the parking lot with my new truck. Chateau Lake Louise is a beautiful hotel near Banff, Alberta. It has been a tradition, even since I was sixteen, to drive up to Banff once every February and meet up with my friends. Once we had all met up, we would take a bus to Lake Louise and stay at the hotel there, as the ski lodge is right across the lake. I'm twenty three now, along with the rest of my friends and we have never once broken tradition. But for the first time ever, we are all meeting at Chateau Lake Louise in the summer. This is my first time coming at this time of the year and the mountains and lake look more beautiful than ever before. Since we obviously can't go skiing in the summer, we decided that we would spend more time in the beautiful hotel and tour around the lake, and in different national parks. We are also going to go hiking in the many mountains that surround this area. It is 2:00pm right now and my friends shouldn't be here for another hour or so.

I walk into the fancy hotel lobby and wait in line behind a family, a couple and a few younger guys who look like either friends or brothers. I might be here for a while, oh well... I'm about to put my headphones on to pass time when I feel someone tap my shoulder from behind. I turn to see a young couple standing behind me. The girl is short and has beautiful clear skin that is kind of a bronze or cocoa color. I think of how if I was her age, I would have been extremely jealous of her beauty. She has bright golden eyes and curly brown hair that poofs out a little bit. She can't possibly be a day over seventeen... but even so she somehow looks so wise and mature. The boy is very tall, in fact the girl's head just barely passes his elbows. He is definitely of an Asian background, and he is well built and very lean. He looks to be around twenty, give or take a year and he is definitely the type of guy my friends would be swooning over. Snapping out of my daydream, I smile at the duo and wait for them to speak.

"I'm Frank and this is my girlfriend Hazel." He introduces. "We were wondering if you knew how to get to the gift shop? If you don't mind me asking..." Frank asks and I nod in understanding.

"Yeah, no problem. It's down that hall and to the left." I say, pointing towards the direction of the store. "Is it your first time here?"

Hazel nods with a grateful smile. "Yes it is. We actually came from America." She explains. "And I'm guessing it isn't your first time here?" She asks and I chuckle. "No, I come here once a year usually. But this is my first time coming in the summer. It's amazing in the winter when the ski lodge is open." I say, thinking of all the fun and excitement during the first ride up the mountain on the chairlift, and stepping off and seeing the mountains spread out around you.

"Thank you for the help." Hazel says again and with that they walk in the direction I had told them the gift shop is.

The next day, my friends and I decide to go on an easy hike that someone who works in the hotel is leading. We had to sign up in advance as they only take a small group at a time. The real hiking for us would start tomorrow, but for today we are going to take it easy and enjoy the beautiful sights. Suddenly one of the three friends I am with, Drew, squeals randomly and my other two friends: Mika and Larissa, and I jump in surprise.

"What the hell are you freaking out about?" Larissa exclaims annoyed but Drew doesn't seem to notice her grumpy mood.

"Just look at that couple over there! They are sooooooooo cute! I ship them so much!" She squeals again and I follow her gaze to see the couple I met yesterday: Frank and Hazel.  After glancing at them my friends go back to talking. But I continue to watch them as they goof around. They are the perfect example of relationship goals, there's no doubt about it!

Hazel takes out her cellphone and pulls Frank up against her, her arm around his waist, and takes a selfie with her camera. Although I don't know how the picture turned out, I'm sure it's adorable because of the height difference between the two and how she has to wrap her arms around his waist because she can't reach any higher. They differently seem like an awkward but cute, and inexperienced couple.

"What was that?" He asks her and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Does he not know what a selfie is? I am even more surprised by her answer.

"I think it's called a selfie! Apparently they have been really popular in the last year!" Hazel says with a bright and innocent smile. And Frank's gaze visibly softens when he sees how happy she is. He smiles and kisses her sweetly on the forehead.

"You know, Hazel, you really don't have to learn about all of this modern stuff if you don't want to. No one is going to judge you." He says carefully and she smiles again.

"But I do want to! For us." She says and wraps her arms around his waist, pulling him into a tight hug. I turn away from the couple with a smile of my face. They are going to grow old together, I can already tell.