•49• Felecia

I sigh and try to blink out the tears as Charlie's voicemail comes on once again. Why isn't he answering? He just left to go to some summer camp but I can't go because I don't have ADHD like him. Charlie is my older half brother, my mom had Charlie with some guy before she met and married my dad. She doesn't like him and forbids me to talk to him when he is home and not at that camp. But little does she know that every night I sneak into his room and spend most of the night talking to him. We are as close as siblings can get in reality. Charlie left about month ago but he hasn't been answering my calls which is why I am so close to tears right now. Did something happen to him? Is he alright? His girlfriend Selina isn't answering my calls either. What happened?!

Suddenly I hear footsteps nearing my room so I wipe my tears and grab a random book. Mother enters and sits down on my bed. "Felecia I have something to tell you." She says in her usual firm voice and I look up at her.

"Yes?" I ask cautiously. Mother usually doesn't just come up to my room to chat so this makes me curious. What she says next almost kills me, it breaks my heart. I have never felt a pain like this before.
"You're half brother Charlie has passed away. He drowned while on a boat trip at camp." She says but I can't show any emotion so I say. "Oh." I stare into my mother's eyes, hoping to find some sadness in them but I find nothing. No emotion and this is when I truly realize that she doesn't care. She doesn't care about her own son and this makes me want to scream and cry and hit her. But I know I can't. Mother leaves my room, shutting the door behind her and as soon as I hear the click I collapse on my bed and burry my face deep into a pillow. I then let out the most horrible scream imaginable and burst into tears. My brother is gone, and I never even got to say goodbye.

Okay I'm sorry that was really mean, and you guys probably hate me for writing that. Next chapter is 50 so the last chapter before I put this story on hold for about a month (so don't delete this from your libraries it's only until I finish my wattys story) and what makes this next chapter special is that it is a couple I do not ship. I will post this next chapter I about an hour or two. Bye for now! -Rhea