Dance

The seniors had organized a grand Valentine's Night with lots of fun, dance, dinner, games plus a competition- 'Best Couple of the Year'. In the competition, we had several games which were to decide which couple knew his/her partner in and out & what is the understanding level between them.

Then, the final results were to be declared and couple with highest score will be the winner. Some other categories of awards were also there.

Karan and Arnika had already enrolled my and Jianna's name for the competition, without even asking us. And they informed us just a day before the party.

"Are you guys mad? Just go and get our names cancelled from the list." I said quite angrily.

Actually, I was happy with the chance but I thought Jianna won't be comfortable so I was pretending to be angry.

"It's okay Mr. Sarkar. Now when we're on the stage, let's perform our parts. Don't be a spoilsport." She said sweetly.

"No... I thought...."

"Come on! You're not that bad to be my Valentine. I won't mind much."  She giggled.

"Oh... Thank you Miss Jianna Sehgal!" I winked.

"Good now start practicing for your dance performance." Karan said.

"Danceeeee...?" I yelled. It was another shock for me.

"Yes! Sizzling Salsa." Arnika said excitedly.

"What the hell? I can't dance."

"Don't worry Atiksh; Jianna will teach you. You know salsa well, just need some touch ups and Jianna will help you out." Arnika said.

"Yup, I will. But on which song we are going to perform?" Jianna asked.

"Pehla Nasha." Karan suggested.

"No. Khuda Jaane." Arnika said.

"Pyaar ki ye Kahani Suno."

"Perfect, Jianna!" Arnika and Karan almost jumped from their seats.

"Okay then its final. Atiksh at which place will you be comfortable to practice?" Jianna inquired.

"My parents are out of town. No disturbance. So, my place is perfect." Karan answered on my behalf.

"No problem. We'll meet at Karan's place at 1 o'clock. Don't be late Mr. Sarkar." Jianna stood up to leave.

We left after finalizing everything as we needed to arrange our attires for the party. I was very excited for the Valentine's Party as I was getting a chance to be Valentine of the most beautiful girl. Well, even Jianna was lucky to be my partner, as almost every girl of First Year was trying their luck to be my Valentine.

I reached Karan's place around 12:30 p.m. and did some warm up before the ladies come.

"Don't be late... as I hate to wait." I messaged Jianna.

Her reply came within fractions of seconds- "I'm always on time. Pull up your socks, be ready to rock. Dumbo, now open the door."

I quickly stood up and opened the door. She was there with Arnika. I welcomed them as a good host and asked them for Coffee/Juice, but they denied.

Karan had already downloaded the song and edited it according to Jianna's instructions. So, without wasting much time, we started our practice.

I was feeling very shy to hold Jianna in my arms. But I quickly managed myself and was ready for rehearsals.

We did lots of fun during the rehearsals. Finally our steps were finalized by 5:00 p.m. We took small break before the final practice and ordered Pizzas.

After the break we did our final practice once again and Jianna and Arnika left as their shopping for the party was pending. I wanted some more practice but... my partner was gone.

I asked Karan to help me with my steps. We practiced for next half an hour.

Luckily, I remembered all the steps. Then I came back home and started preparing for the Valentine's Night.

By the way, with the passing days my feelings for Jianna were getting stronger. I truly started liking her.

Umm... I guess, started LOVING her.

Karan asked me to propose her on this Valentine's Day as it's the best opportunity. But I denied as I was not sure about Jianna's feelings and in fact, I was also confused regarding my feelings for her.

So I told him that I needed some more time.
_____________________________________________________________
Ahaan.... Valentines day!!
Something beautiful should be on the way :) :)