Day of War

Finally the most awaited and least welcomed day arrived. Yes, exams. Students were excited, tensed and curious and had several mixed emotions.

We all reached college half an hour before the exam. Arnika inquired whether we got all the necessary stationery and hall ticket.

"Oh God! I forget my hall ticket in the car. While checking everything, I put my hall ticket on the back seat. Meanwhile we reached college and I was in such a hurry that I forget to pick it up." Jianna said worriedly.

"Jianna, you can't be so careless. Wait, let me call Bua, she won't have reached so far."

Aunty was not receiving the call as she might have been driving. Jianna started crying, Arnika was trying to console her that still twenty minutes were left and we would definitely do something. I took Auntie's office address and rushed.

Karan also asked to join me, but I denied. I reached office within fifteen minutes, rushed towards auntie's cabin, got the car keys from her and took Jianna's hall ticket. Aunty was pleased to see my care for Jianna.

I quickly got into my car, asked aunty to call Jianna and inform her that I'll be there on time. So she need not to get panic. Due to traffic, I was ten minutes late. However, I was happy that Jianna was allowed to sit in the class and write her paper. I ran towards my classroom.

Jianna's concentration was more on the door than on the question paper. As soon as I entered, Jianna took a sigh of relief. I collected my question paper & supplementary from the supervisor, gave hall ticket to Jianna and searched for my place.

Jianna turned towards me, slightly bent her neck, hold her left ear and sweetly said sorry and thanks. I gave her a smile and wished her good luck. And then she fixed her eyes on the question paper.

I took a deep breath and with utmost courage, scanned my question paper.

Wow! I almost knew every question, except two. All credit goes to Jianna, as she had explained me all the questions with simple examples. To be very honest, this was the only subject I had studied with some interest.

I quickly started writing the answers. Everyone was busy with their paper. Some were trying to peep into their neighbours paper. And some great people even got chits.

I quickly finished first three questions and then came the forth, which carried fifteen marks, and I didn't know its answer. Actually, Jianna had told me that it was an important question, so I need to study carefully. But her efforts went in vain. As it was a lengthy one, I didn't read. Now it was of no use to cry over spilled milk. I tried to peep in Surbhi's paper and to my good luck, it was clearly visible. But then, I decided to write by myself, whatever I knew.

Suddenly, my pen stopped working, I checked for the other pen in my pocket, but I guess it had fallen somewhere in the rush. Everyone was busy with their paper. I was very tensed. I turned towards Jianna, and a miracle happened, she too looked at me, in the very next moment. Seeing my worried face, she asked, what's wrong. I showed her my pen with a pity face.  She smiled and passed a pen. I started writing my paper again.

The warning bell rang. My paper was almost finished. I quickly completed the last answer and looked at Jianna. She was checking the paper. I also scrutinized my paper to check if something was left. I was very happy to see my supplement. For the first time, my paper was complete and was very neat and clean.

The bell rang and supervisor collected the papers. We came out, Jianna hugged me and thanked for getting the hall ticket on time. I too thanked her for teaching me so nicely.

Everybody's exams were going well, but not mine. However, it hardly mattered to me.

A night before the last exam, mom brought me coffee. I took the mug from her hand and said thank you. She had tears in her eyes and smile on her face. She rubbed my hair gently and went away quietly.

I wondered for a while, what made her so happy. Then I thought that if small thanks from me could give her this much happiness, than how much would have I hurt her in so many years by saying nonsense things, shouting at her and ignoring her. I cried hard.

I felt like going to mom, saying her sorry for every mistake of mine but couldn't gather enough courage for this. And, I went to sleep, with tears of regret in my eyes.

21st November- last day of our exams. All of us were very happy as the exams were finally over. We decided to go to the Band Stand in the evening, one of Jianna's favourite places, as she gets a chance to glance at Mannat- King Khan's palace.

We enjoyed a lot at Band Stand. All the stress of exams flew away with the air and we felt relieved and relaxed.

_________________________________________
Exams are over.... Yupieeeee!!!
What next???

Please vote and comment guys... I'm feeling so dejected. No votes. No comments. :(

If it's going on boring, please let me know.