Chapter 13__Crazy for You

I had heard about a couple trapped in an upside down car in the middle of the road from the fire station one night at work because the car was going to blow after the couple's accident. Suited up as Pyra, I got to the car.

"Help!" the woman called. "Help!"

"Help us," the man called.

"Hold on," I told them, grabbing the car door, burning through the hinges on the side to pull the door off and tossing it aside, reaching in to grab the man pulling him out, getting him to the side of the road. "Stay here, all right?" The man nodded. I quickly got back into the car, grabbing the woman. "I got you."

A power cord from the wrecked lighting pole nearby fell into gasoline on the road, setting it on fire that trailed toward us in the car.

"Hey!" the man told us. I used myself as a shield for the woman in the car next to me. "My wife!" A fireman held the man back. Since I had been covering the woman when the car set fire, the fire absorbed its into me almost instantly. "Dana!" I pulled the woman out of the car. The man was in shock. "How did..." Dana ran into the man's arms in relief. "I love you." They looked at me. "Thank you, Pyra."

I smiled a small smile, nodding, using fire to fly away.

~

I got back to STAR Labs, in normal clothes.

Cisco was standing by my suit. "Vera, that was insane. I mean, even I'm having a hard time getting mad at you for dirtying up my suit."

"Okay, when are we gonna consider it my suit, and when are we gonna consider Barry's suit Barry's suit?" I asked.

"I'd be comfortable calling them our suits," Cisco told us. 

Barry smiled. "Our suits. Okay."

"Tonight marks the first time you've saved somebody from fire by absorbing the fire that was about to kill her," Caitlin told me.

I tilted my head back. "You know you have a strange life when that sentence actually makes sense."

Barry smiled.

"See, this is almost as amazing as the fact that you can sing and play the guitar," Cisco told me.

I was confused as to how he knew.

Barry shook his head quickly, signaling a cutting motion over his throat to tell Cisco to shut up.

I turned to Barry. "You told them. Of course you told them."

Barry scratched his head awkwardly, innocently. "I'm... sorry?" I crossed my arms over my chest, raising my eyebrows. "And I promise to never do it again. And by 'it', I mean never to spill secrets again. My God, I sound like Felicity."

I couldn't help a smirk, shaking my head, looking away.

Wells smirked in amusement. "Yes, your training is paying off." He looked at me. "That couple is alive tonight because of you."

"I can still get faster," Barry told us. "I know I can."

"And you will one day," Wells told him. "But for today, I'd say you both fulfilled your quota. Proper rest is what you need, as do we all."

"Better yet, what we all need is a proper drink," Cisco told us. "Who's up for a round?"

"Oh, dude, it's movie night with Joe," Barry told him. "I can't. But I'll see you guys tomorrow, all right?"

"Bye," Caitlin told us.

"Night," Barry told us, walking out, leaving.

Wells rolled out, leaving.