Chapter 6__Flyra

Caitlin, Cisco and I walked into the STAR Labs.

Caitlin looked at Cisco. "Check the math. Your dispersal models don't correlate."

"Uh, they do if you factor in the seasonal fluctuations in reproduction cycles," Cisco told us.

Wells rolled along with us. "What exactly are we debating?"

"Uh, they are debating," I told him. "I am staying out of it because I'm part of the debate. The average number of bugs Barry and I swallow in a day of running or flying."

Wells looked at Cisco in amusement. "I look forward to seeing you accept your Nobel."

We walked into the Cortex to see Barry lying on the floor in his suit.

"Barry?" Cisco asked.

I walked closer instantly, kneeling next to him. "Barry, are you okay?"

Barry gasped in pain.

~

In the infirmary lab, Caitlin was setting Barry's broken hand. "Thirteen fractures. That's a new record. And that's just in your hand. You also have a concussion, three cracked ribs, and a bruised spleen. Even with your powers, you'll need a few hours to heal."

Barry nodded.

"What exactly did you hit?" Wells asked.

"A man," Barry answered. "A big, bad man. His skin changed when I hit him. Like it turned to metal."

"Interesting," Wells told us. "A man of steel."

"So, you went after a metahuman alone?" I asked. "Barry, why didn't you call me?"

"I didn't know what he was," Barry answered, sitting up. "Besides, you were off duty."

I raised my eyebrows slightly, looking away.

"Lucky he didn't knock out your teeth," Cisco told him. "Those puppies don't grow back."

"Strange thing is, I feel like I knew him," Barry told us.

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asked.

"He said something that was familiar," Barry answered. "But he's gonna hurt someone. So how do I fight a guy that's made of steel?"

"We will find a way," Wells told him. "Tonight, you heal."

"Yeah," Barry agreed, laying down.

Wells looked at me. "And you don't try to go after him alone. Fire won't harm steel in any way. He'd be more likely to harm you."

I sighed. "All right."

~

Barry came back to tell us that the metahuman was named Tony, and had been a bully to Barry when they were in school.

"Your childhood nemesis is now an unstoppable metahuman," Cisco told him. "That is seriously messed up."

"I had a childhood nemesis," Caitlin told us. "Lexi La Rouche. She used to put gum in my hair."

"Jake Puckett," Cisco told us. "If I didn't let him copy my homework, he'd give me a swirly."

I looked down. "Adriana Clark. Used to say that I started the fire 14 years ago. Now that we've established that, what are we gonna do about Tony?"

"Glad you asked," Cisco told me. "We're gonna train you, guys. 'Karate Kid' style." We walked into the training room. Cisco pulled aside a curtain to reveal a steal dummy. "Behold. I call him Girder."