Epilogue; El Diablito

In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins

  Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend, but I don't know if you know who I am.  

The Little Devil, Lilith thought as she watched Kai pace back and forth. He had a lot on his mind, she knew that, he had just a number of acts, he had taken down five Heretics, she knew that would've taken up a lot of his energy. Not only that but they'd finally escaped the cold pit of 1903.

Somewhere at the back of her mind, Lilith knew it was her favourite place. As was the 1994 world, before Bon Bon and her little leach came along and ruined it for her. She smiled when she thought of the picture they had taken together on top of the Empire State Building.

"You know Mystic Falls better than I do, how do we get to Georgia from here?" Kai suddenly asked, breaking her reverie.

Lilith snorted and walked to where he stood, his shoulders slumped. "Well for one, I am not walking to Georgia. We're stealing a car," she said, pointing a hand over her shoulder before carrying on saying, "just follow the main road out of Mystic Falls and I'll google it on the way there."

Kai breathed out in relief. "Oh thank god for the internet," he said. He noticed her confused expression and chuckled. "I sucked at geography in school."

She laughed. "Shame I am too," she said with a wink.

Kai playfully scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Of course you were, I wouldn't expect anymore from you," he said sarcastically.

"Eh?"

He groaned and waved his hand at her. "Alright, we've gotten the heretics into the shipping area, they're currently immobilised so they're no problem now-"

"Now we just get to Georgia-" Lilith cut him off.

"More specifically Jo," Kai finished with a heavy sigh. "Why can't things just be easy?" He asked no one as he looked up at the dead sky. "Oh! Because the world hates me, that's why!" He answered himself frustratingly before sighing.

Lilith placed a hand on his shoulder. "Soon they'll have to learn to love you," she whispered. "They'll learn to love you just as I have." She smiled when he placed a hand on the one holding onto his shoulder.

_

Sneaking into a church was bad, it was sinful, devilish which is probably why Kai didn't care. Lilith however was a bit more apprehensive, not only were they sneaking into a church, but they were sneaking into an ongoing wedding, with a priest and holy people...

"Will you quit that?" Kai whisper-yelled at her constant fidgeting. He smacked her fiddling hands before sighing. "I thought you were sure with this?" He asked her, turning his blue-grey eyes to her.

Lilith smiled nervously and said, "I am, it's just that my mom used to tell us that doing bad stuff around a priest gives you four years of bad luck."

Kai deadpanned before shaking his head. "Why am I even with you?" He muttered before taking her hand in his. "Stop panicking about future luck, we might not even make it out of this alive," he said.

Lilith's mouth dropped in horror. "Kai?! That's not how you comfort someone, in fact, that's the opposite of how you comfort someone!" She exclaimed, her voice still no higher than a whisper. The only reply she received was an innocent shrug, causing a frustrated groan to leave her. "When we et out of here, I am teaching you basic human communication. And manners!" She added as an afterthought.