thirty two; discourteous

Animals - Maroon 5

  Baby, I'm preying on you tonight
Hunt, you down eat you alive.  

"You're just going to let them walk away?" Whispered Elena, not so subtly, however, to Damon as they watched Kai and Lilith talk to each other however when Lilith heard what Elena said she looked up and scowled. 

"I thought you liked me, you thought I was real?" Lilith said as she broke from Kai who frowned in confusion. 

Elena scoffed, crossing her arms. "That was before I knew what you were, who you really are, who-" She was cut off by Lilith who held a hand up. 

"Honey, no. Just don't. You never who knew who I was, you probably won't ever because hypocrites like you just don't understand. In fact, it's not just you Elena. There's Damon, Caroline, Bonnie, even your little friend Tyler, you all love someone who has murdered before, you've all murdered before. What's so different between us two Elena, I lost my family, you lost yours, I found love in a man who was far beyond gone, so did you, twice!" 

Throughout her little speech, Kai started to let the tiniest of smiles on his face, every time she referred to him as the man she loves, his stomach would do somersaults, his heart would beat faster and his breathing would become heavier.  

"Who do you think you are? Get out!" Elena screamed, pointing her hand to the door. She felt angered when Lilith replied with a smirk, winking at her. 

"Gladly."

_

Alaric watched as his girlfriend vomited into the toilet, half hanging off of it with a look of repulse on her face. "You know, maybe would just skip the funeral," he said.  

Jo shook her head, instantly regretting it afterwards and said, "we're going."  Abruptly, the doorbell rings and Alaric opened the front door to see Lilith holding up a sick looking Kai.

"Help," said Lilith, trying to hold Kai up. 

12 hours earlier

"Lily, I don't feel so good," said Kai, holding his stomach as they drove out of Mystic Falls, they had spent the night in a B'n'B before setting off that earlier morning. Kai had been feeling under the weather since then. 

"Still?" Replied Lilith, shocked. "I mean, I know you feel ill because I also feel a bit off but still," Lilith mumbled as she sped up the car. "We'll stop somewhere and get you checked, okay?"

Kai moaned and nodded, curling up in the passenger seat. Lilith smiled slightly as she kept watch over him, looking at him every now and then as he slept. Soon she pulled into a small motel service just outside of Georgia. 

She got out of the car and stared at it for a moment. She had stolen it from the Whitmore Campus, she had no idea whose car it was, she just saw a bag on one of the benches and took the keys, she was getting pretty good at thieving which slightly scared her.

She shrugged and walked into the motel area, walking up to the main office. "Do you do day renting? I don't want to stay the night, just for a few hours," she told the man behind the desk who nodded understandingly. 

"Sure, we pay by cash," he told her as he grabbed her a key to one of the rooms. She nodded, holding up a finger before running out of the office and to the car. She opened the door, scaring Kai wake who looked around, mumbled something and then fell back asleep. She shook her head at him and opened the glove compartment, relieved to see that the person left some backup cash.