three; mephistophelian

Material Girl - The Birds and The Bees

Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me
I think they're ok if they don't give me proper credit
I just walk away.

"I miss the real world," Kai confessed as the two of them laid on the grass in front of the house, looking up at the clear blue sky. "I wonder what the internet will be like," he sighed, a smile on his face.

"It's slow but amazing, it's better than when you had it, that's for sure," Lilith snorted, sitting up with a light groan. She dusted her pant legs, clicking her shoes together.

"It was only out for about five years then," Kai argued, sitting up next to her. "You, however, have had it plenty more years than myself."

"Ew, I just realised your, like, really old," Lilith said with a frown, looking over at him with realisation. She took note of his sudden glare and snickered to herself. "What? You don't like being old?" She teased, prodding his cheek. "We're not all forever young unless you want to be a vampire," she laughed.

"I could be," Kai pondered, ignoring her remarks. He smirked as her laughter stopped and glanced at her. He saw her look doubtful at his words and let out a laugh. "Oh come on, if witches are real don't you think vampires will be too honey?" It was his turn to tease.

Lilith felt her face drop in horror. "What?" She hissed, leaning forwards. "No-no-no they can't be, nope, I refuse to believe vampires exist," she denied, shaking her head vigorously.

"And werewolves," he added, swinging his head from side to side as she began to freak out next to him. "Honestly, I thought you were smarter than this," he said. "I can't believe I was generous enough to think you had more than five brain cells," he scoffed, laughing when she punched him in the arm.

"Prick," she muttered, ripping grass blades from the ground angrily.

"Give what you get, darling," he said, laying back down. "Hey, one out of ten, how good is my magic getting?"

"Not even one," Lilith told him and it was true. Whenever he tried to target her with a spell, everything else but her and Kai would set on fire. At least he's learned how to put the fire out, that has to count for something, right? "But you'll get there," she said, her voice full of doubt.

"I was doing fine the first time," he sighed.

"Oh, you mean the time you promised you wouldn't kill me but you did," she replied sarcastically. She scoffed as Kai pulled a face at her, flinging grass blades at him. "You know what I miss?" She said. "I miss Disney Channel, especially when I watched it with my little brother-"

"Lucie?" Kai cut her off.

"Yes, we'd just sit up watching different shows. Our favourite was The Suite Life of Zack and Cody," she told him with a beaming smile on her face. She saw the confused expression and decided to give him a brief summary of the show.

"It's basically about twins in a hotel who live with their mom and destroy the hotel whilst the manager Mr. Mosby screamed at them," she giggled.

"Oh, wait they live in a hotel?" He asked. "Wouldn't that like cost a lot?"

"You try saying that to a bunch of seven-year-olds," she snickered, shaking her head. "But yes, it would and still does, what's even more confusing is the fact that they're poor," she laughed.

"Okay, TV has just gone downhill, I remember Baywatch and always watching The Outsiders with my little brothers," Kai said with a smile. "Ah, Joey, he was the brother I hung around with the most, always playing games with him. A lot of my best memories were with him."