twenty seven; ludicrous

Sigur Ros - The Rains of Castamere

  And now the rains weep o'er his halls
With no one there to hear.

"Again?!" Lilith screeched as Kai made her tie Elena to a table with vervain covered ropes. "Why are you so into bondage?" She asked, finishing the knot. She didn't hear Kai as he came up behind her, placing his hands on her hips.

"I'm not, but I could be if it pleases you," he whispered, blowing lightly into her ear, sending shivers down her spine. She arched into him.

The sexual tension was through the roof man.

"Liar," she mumbled and somehow pulled away from him, standing on the other side of the table in an attempt to put distance between them but Kai refused to. "Oh my God, why are you so touchy all of a sudden?" She asked as he pushed her against the table.

"Why are you not?" He argued, cocking an eyebrow. Luckily he had found a shirt to replace his charred one, it looked quite comical on him although, Lilith was still unsure as to whether she wanted it off or on.

Lilith jumped when Kai unexpectedly placed a chaste kiss on her lips before pulling away. "I'm getting a drink, you want one?" He shouted over his shoulder.

"No," said Lilith and watched him disappear.

A few minutes later he came back, smiling with two cans of pop. "I got you one anyway," he said, handing her one. He noticed Elena once again waking up, finding herself tied together. "Oh, hello," he said, moving to stand over her.

"Nice shirt," said Elena, as Lilith walked around the table to stand next to Elena.

"Well, thanks. Yeah, somebody burned my other one. Which was awesome, by the way, although I don't appreciate it was at her," he said, nodding his head towards Lilith who glared down at Elena who replied with a sarcastic smirk.

"I am starting to see why Damon digs you. You are crazy-pants. Oh, it sucks about that shirt, though," Kai smirked, pouting at Lilith who awed at him.

"I'll buy you a new one," she said, poking his pursed lip. Kai held back his shock very well, he hadn't expected her to reply to him like that, maybe a shut up, but not that.

"So you can care about an inanimate object, but not the people that you kill?" Elena asked, looking between the two with anger and confusion.

"Oh." Kai rolled his eyes, smirking as he sipped from his can. "Is this going to be like an episode of "Ricki Lake" where I come face-to-face with my demons and change for the better?"

"Have you really not cared about anyone?" She asked, shaking her head.

Kai frowned. "Of course, I ca-like Lilith," he felt uncomfortable saying that he cared about Lilith in front of someone. "I mean, I guess I liked my brother, Joey, too. We played Dr. Mario together and he'd always win. Actually, one of my favorite memories is when I finally beat him. Of course, my favorite memory is when I finally beat him to death."

Elena's smile dropped, whilst Lilith rolled her eyes, walking away from the two but stopped when Kai spoke again, this time, he sounded sincere. "You don't have to waste your energy trying to change me. If Ricki taught me anything, it's that liking yourself is the most important thing. And I like me."

Lilith cracked a smile. Ricki Lake had never spoken truer words. She carried on walking out of the cafeteria and into the hallway. She glanced down at the can in her hand and opened it, taking a long gulp from it.

Then she felt something.

She stopped walking, taking the can from her mouth. She glanced around the empty hallway before facing forwards. That's when the figure appeared, a very small figure. It was a little girl, it was Lilith when she was but a child.