thirty one; blasé

Tili Tili Bom - Unknown Artist

Suddenly they were dragged from the Prison World and back into the real world, the first thing Kai did was look for Lilith but she was not there.

"Wait. Wait. What happened? Why are we back here?" Elena asked as she looked around.

" I don't know. The spell must require too much magic. I lost my connection," muttered Kai, scrambling up from the floor.

"Then reconnect," Damon growled.

"It's not that easy. You see this blood? I'm guessing that's not a good sign, besides I know none of you care about Lilith but if you didn't notice, she's kind of gone," he argued back, frowning at them.

"Lilith can handle herself, Bonnie is going to kill herself," Elena dismissed.

After a long discussion of what was to happen to save Bonnie, they decided on sending Jeremy back to the Prison World to get the message through to Bonnie.

Elena and Damon had gone upstairs whilst Kai focused on sending back Jeremy.

Meanwhile

Lilith was scared, she had a right to be scared too. She expected to be with Kai and the rest of the group but she was not. She wasn't in the Salvatore Boarding House, she was far away from where she was supposed to be.

"Lilith?"

Said girl gasped, turning her sights from the long road leading into Mystic Falls to her older brother, Gabriel. "What are you doing here? What am I doing here?" She whispered, her voice broken from the pending fear.

Gabriel opened his arms, smiling when she ran into them. She hugged her close, resting his cheek on her head. "I- I don't know how to say this Lily," he said. He pushed her away gently. "This is the Otherside, or at least what's left of it," he told her.

Lilith tilted her head, confused. "The Otherside? What's that?" She asked.

"It's a place, for the dead, those who are supernatural come here," he said, tears in his eyes as he watched her face drop in realization. "I'm sorry," he said. 

Lilith let her hand rest on his shoulder, tears of her own falling. "It's okay, but, what and who-"

"I don't know," he said, cutting her off, he knew what her question was. It's the same question he had since arriving. "Where's Lucifer?" He asked, "I figured he might be here, seeing as he died by a warlocks magic."

Lilith shook her head. "No, he came to me once, saying he was in this exact place, he said he needed to talk to me one last time before 'crossing over'," she told him. "Gabe, I think he already forgave you a long time ago," she told him happy to see him relieved of his worries.

He let his shoulders slump in relief, smiling down at her. "You've done good sis, how mom and dad didn't break you baffles me every day, it always will," he laughed. "Now, go and save your boyfriend."

Lilith lost her smile. "What? What do you mean? Is-is this goodbye?" She asked. She stiffened when Gabriel nodded and whispered faintly, "okay."

"I love you," he told her, ruffling her hair.

"I love you too."

_

When Lilith reappeared in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding House she felt relieved, sad and anxious to see Kai. She sat up and looked around only to see Jeremy lying on the floor, a sweaty and whispering Kai sat next to him. Lilith didn't know what compelled her to grab his hand but when she did she was thrust back into the Prison World, scaring the two men.

"Lily!" Exclaimed Kai, his eyes wide. "What happened to you?" He asked as Jeremy wandered through the house.

"I- I don't know," she was partially telling the true. Yeah, she had visited the Otherside, but what made her go there in the first place? "I-" Suddenly she couldn't breath. It felt like something had blocked her airways.

When she looked down at her chest she saw blood seeping from a none existent wound. She glanced up at Kai who was frowning. "Wha-" she staggered into Kai's hands, black spots coming into sight.

Then Kai faded from her sight and she woke up gasping and choking on her blood. She rolled onto her side, spewing all over the floor. She pushed herself up only to see Liv standing there with a poker from the fire in her hands. "Bitch," she hissed but Liv was hearing none of it.

"Should've left when you had the chance," said Liv, before stabbing Kai in the stomach. Lilith watched in horror as Kai and Jeremy woke up from the spell, Liv stabbing him once again.

Lilith fell back onto the floor, her breath escaping her as she bled to death. She watched as Liv through back Kai and Jeremy the former letting out an exclamation.

"Ha ha. Ha. Ahh. It's all coming back to me, Livvie poo. You know, the charge.." Kai sang, he grabbed the candle from the side once he had thrown the alcoholic beverage over Liv's figure. "That races through your bones...At the prospect of watching someone burn to death? I really missed that feeling."

"Just kill me, Kai, you already killed my best friend," Liv Whimpered, clutching the fork wound on her neck. "Just kill me."

Kai tried to, he really did. "Why can't I do this? I don't care about you. Why can't I kill you? Come on. Kai, do it. Do it. Come on! Kill her!"He shouted at himself, slapping his head over and over, but something held him back.

Liv used this to her leverage. "Motus!" She watched as the fork soared into Kai's chest, making him fall to the ground. However Jeremy chose that moment to cut in, he threw a butter knife at Liv's shoulder, ignoring her shout of pain and dislodged the fork from Kai's chest, dragging him away into the kitchen.

_

Damon slid to the floor beside Kai, slapping him awake but it wasn't working. "Kai, hey! Damn it!" He said frustrated and bit into his wrist, thrusting the blood into Kai's mouth.

The witch woke up with a gasp, one name on his lips, "Lilith!" He scrambled up from the floor not even bothering to thank the vampire and ran into the living room. He ran a hand through his hair as he saw the mess of the living room before spotting Lilith.

He ran over to her, sliding on his knees and picked her up by the arms, holding her close to him as he searched for a pulse. "Lily, Lily wake up," he said, tears threatening to fall.

"Li-" He was cut off by the sound of footsteps and looked up to a solemn Damon, a shocked Elena, and a guilty Jeremy. He gently laid Lilith on the floor, wiping any stray tears from his face and stood up. "I'll kill her," he muttered, clenching his jaw.

"You can't, I won't allow it," snapped Damon, glaring at Kai.

Elena glanced down at Lilith once again, she was about to say a silent prayer but something else happened. She's "glowing," whispered Elena. It was true, a bright red light began to cloud over Lilith.

"What is going on here?" Jeremy asked, looking at the other three nervously as Lilith's body convulsed and thrashed before she became still.

It was silent in the room, the red light dimming and then it became dark, all lights and candles had blown out, the electricity blown. "I know it's my queue to leave when candles blow out, witchy woo crap," mumbled Damon, tension in his voice.

"Wait, look," said Elena, grabbing onto Damon's hand. "She's moving," she whispered.

Suddenly the lights came back on, brighter than before and there in the middle of the room stood a shocked, wide eyed Lilith. "What the fuck?" She asked, looking at Kai.