Chapter 17

Disbelief and alarm squeeze my insides with a claw of ice as the car peals out. I grip Oscar forcibly by the arm. "What the fuck was that? Why the hell did you guys shoot that cop?"

"Shut the fuck up," he says.

I'm about to shred his eyeballs with my fingernails when hard metal slams into the side of my head. There's a burst of light inside my head and a blast of pain. Before I recover, they put duct tape across my mouth and bind my wrists.

"That's for killing Emanuel," the man to my left says.

When the pain recedes enough for me to pull myself together, I come to the sickening realization that I've handed Aleale right into the hands of the fucking kidnapers. The cold reality hits me hard in the gut and suddenly I feel sick. What an idiot I am.

They start talking in Spanish and I follow along as best I can. "Dude... I thought you hated Emanuel," Oscar says.

"I didn't hate him. He was kind of a dick, but he was still one of us man."

"One of us? I've never seen that guy before yesterday."

"So? This bitch killed a couple of the local crew too. She's got it coming to her." He gives me a painful whack on the head with his callused hand.

"Who the fuck cares?" the first guy says.

The asshole hits me again with his gun. "I care. This slut is going to pay for what she's done."

My head is throbbing with pain and it's making it hard for me to think. One thing's for sure. I've fucked up big time.

"Roberto I'm going to tell your mama how you're pistol-whipping girls." Oscar says. "She's not going to like that."

"You do and I'm going to tell your mama about all those whores you've been fucking," he says in Spanish. "How'd you think she's going to like that, huh?"

"Hay, at least I don't get off on hurting girls," Oscar says. "You got a problem man. Maybe you need therapy or something to deal with your women issues."

"Fuck you. The only women issues I got is how much they like my big dick."

Juan tells them to shut up because his phone is ringing. They fall silent as he answers it. "Yes Sir. Yes we got them both." He looks at me and gives me a wink. "Yeah, she's with us and Aleale's in the other car. "She's spunky, but we'll make sure she's very cooperative on the trip. Ok, see you when we get there."

"Hay... Was that Krieger?" Oscar asks.

"Yep, and he's looking forward to having this bitch at the club."

"I bet she's going to like it there," Oscar says.

They all have stupid grins on their faces, obviously happy with whatever private joke they share. At least it sounds like they're taking me along with Aleale which is exactly what I want.

"You better tie up her legs. She looks like she still has some fight left in her and the boss will be majorly pissed if we let her get away."

"That's good, because she's going to need whatever fight she's got in her at the Club." Oscar unravels a long strip of tape, but when he reaches for my ankles, I knee him in the face and pull away.

He rubs the burse appearing on his cheek. "Fucking bitch! If you don't corporate, I'm going to let Roberto have some fun with you. And he likes it rough." He says that in English to make sure I understand. I decide not to let them know I speak Spanish.

Roberto starts to undo his pants. "Keep your legs apart Baby and were going to have a good time."

He's not bluffing, so I put my legs together and Juan wraps duct tape around them. Then he takes my phone out of my pocket and tosses it out the window. The phone brings thoughts of Dad and Jaidee. I hope they're both ok. They must be worried sick about me.