Chapter 5

My heart is pounding. I shut and lock my door before putting down my sword and striping off my wet clothes. With my blanket wrapped tightly around me, my body quivers. It's not the cold that makes my body tremble.

I did it again. Killed a man... It was easy... so easy. My body quivers again, still flush with the feeling of extreme euphoria that comes with each kill. I light up a joint to help calm myself down and open the window so Dad and Jaidee don't smell it, spilling a half empty Starbucks on the floor in the process. The lid's still on, so only a little escapes, but what does is all icky with mold. There's no telling how old this coffee is. My room is littered with old cups and half eaten fast food.

The guy I killed tonight is the guy that attacked Jenny Peterson. He was stalking her at the campus the other day and I happened to see him in the south parking lot watching her car, waiting for her. Was it luck that our paths crossed? No. Dad says the curse is linked to fate like a horse to a plow. They work together. Where one goes, the other follows.

I followed him when he left and found out where he lives. I've been watching him every night to get a good feel for his routine. He doesn't lock his garage door or the door leading from the garage to his house. People shouldn't do that, it's not safe.

So... tonight, I just walked in to his bedroom while he was sleeping and stabbed him, over and over again. I couldn't stop myself as images of what he did to Jenny filled my mind. The dirty bastard deserved that and worse.

Out of nowhere, an anxious pang of doubt hits me like a rock. What if it wasn't him? What if I was mistaken? His unshaven face comes to me along with the undeniable feeling that it was him. Surely, it had to be him. Another strong quiver passes through me. Fuck I hope so. But... what if...

God, I am such a monster. My mind is a shredded mess of emotions as uncontrollable tears stream down my face. It's a long time before my body stops shaking and I can force myself to get up and take a shower.

After the shower and with only a blanket wrapped around my naked body, I feel human again and take the time to check my computer. There's a recent message from Jim Hawthorn. I wish he hadn't seen me go dark in the cafeteria. He must think I'm a complete loon. With a last shudder, the image of the killing is pushed out of my mind and I open Jim's message.

          April 22nd, 8:31 pm

          Jim: Hi, didn't see you in class today. You all right?

He's still talking to me... A warm feeling spreads through me as I quickly type a reply. The green dot next to his name means he's still on.

          April 22, 9:07 pm

         Nicole: Yes. I'm fine, thanks. Just my time of the month.

My time of the month? Did I just say that? I can't believe I just said that. I'm such an idiot.

          April 22, 9:10 pm

          Jim: lol, glad I don't have that problem.

A smile finds its way to my face for the first time in days.

          April 22, 9:11 pm

          Nicole: I'm glad to. ;-)

          April 22, 9:12 pm

          Jim: Class was boring without you to flirt with.

Wow, that was bold for him to say. It makes me feel warm in the right places.

          April 22, 9:13 pm

          Nicole: You can flirt with me now if you want.

          April 22, 9:13 pm

          Jim: What are you wearing ?

          April 22, 9:14 pm

         Nicole: Nothing, I just took a shower. ;-)

My pulse starts to race. I've never teased someone like this. What's he going to think?

          April 22, 9:14 pm

          Jim: OMG! Prove it. Turn on video chat.

Maybe it's the pot, or maybe it's that I desperately need a diversion, whatever the reason, my hand clicks to activate video chat and after a second, I'm staring at the very handsome Jim Hawthorn. The look of surprise on his face is priceless. Before I chicken out, I let the blanket slip off my shoulders and onto the floor giving him full view of my exposed breasts.

Suddenly, my nipples harden and my palms get all sweaty as I try to come to grips with the idea that Jim Hawthorn, with a huge smile on his handsome face, is staring at my bare tits.

"You're so beautiful," he says.

My smile grows wider. I'm a sucker for complements, and this is just what I need right now. I think he's seen enough. With a click, I turn off the video but leave on the audio. "That's all you get," I say with what I hope is a sultry voice.

"Wait, turn it back on! Please!"

His desperate plea excites me even more. "No. That's all you get tonight."

"Come on Nicole... You got me all excited."

He's not the only one excited. My fingers make their way to my sudden wetness and my breathing deepens. "No, if you want to see that again, it's got to be in person." My fingers begin to please me. I can't believe I just asked Jim Hawthorn for a booty call. I'm such a slut.

"Ok! I've got to go visit my parents this weekend, so what are you doing next weekend?" His voice is desperate.

"Next weekend is fine, and if you're a good boy, you might even get to touch what you just saw." I'm so wet. My eyes drift to the sexy poster of Aleale on my wall and my breathing quickens. It's one where she's wearing black makeup around her gorgeous green eyes and dark lipstick. She's topless with her fingertips just barely covering her nipples. She's so hot. I'm close to cumming now. My fingers do it just right and I have to hold back my scream as I explode with the best orgasm I've had in a very long time.

"Are you ok, it sounds like you hurt yourself?" he says.

I can't respond as the spasms continue to rock me.

"Nicole, are you there?" He sounds genuinely concerned.

God I needed that so much! My body spasms one last time before I take a deep breath and can speak again. "I'm fine... knocked over my coffee cup is all." I pull the blanket back over me and enjoy the ebb of my release.

"So, how about next Friday?" his egger voice asks. "We can go to Mollie's for a few drinks."

"That sounds fun but I'm not 21 yet." The release lets my body and mind feel some semblance of peace and now I'm getting very sleepy.

"Right... well dinner then. That new Italian place, Enzo's."

"Sure. I love Italian food," I say. "I'm sorry to tease and run, but I'm exhausted and my bed is looking good to me right now."

"Bed sounds good to me too." Jim says. "You want some company?"

I laugh. He gets an "A" for effort. "No thanks. I'll text you tomorrow. Ok?"

"Ok... Have a good night," he says sounding disappointed.

"You too." I turn off the computer then collapse into bed. Within minutes, I fall asleep with visions of Jim hovering in my mind.