25 - Damned In The Head

I liked myself better when I wasn't me. ~Carol Burnett

Luke's POV

"Aw, poor Sammy." Barbie sighed as she looked at his face. Everyone was looking at him, Skarlet, Barbie, Karla, Axel - but not including Riley. Who was leaning against the wall next to me. Sammy kept pushing everyone down and away, but he would never say anything. Despite the fact that I knew what happened. He was hiding it. I think it drove me to madness.

"You look angry," Riley said to me while everyone was caught up on Sammy. "What's the matter? Not used to not being center of attention."

"I know what happened." I said to Riley, he did not look shocked, instead he smiled. "Why won't he just say it?" 

"I don't know, maybe you should." Riley said. "Hey Skar." 

"Yeah?" Skarlet turned her head to us. 

"Luke knows what happened." Riley said and I turned to him with a sharp glare - I really should have expected this from him. He turned to me with a smile. "He knows what happened." 

I ran a hand down my face as everyone looked at me. Even Sammy was sitting wide-eyed. Part of me was screaming not to say it. After all, there was a good damned reason Sammy was not saying it. I just did not know what it was. But then again, what was I supposed to do? Just let Kody disappear with the wind only to be back later? 

"It was Kody." I said and Sammy held a look of hurt to his face, the fact that I had betrayed him a little bit. But he was also having to wonder why I knew it in the first place. After all, he had no idea how I had figured it out. 

Everyone was growing in volume, yelling about how Kody needs his butt kicked, blah blah blah. I stood up off the wall and turned to walk down the hallway. No one even noticed I had left. Which was fine, I did not care. I just wanted to get away for a little bit.

 I walked to my locker and opened it's door up, it let a squeak through the hallway that made me cringe. I hated that noise more than anything in the world. I let out a sigh and began to take out a binder for first period. I then turned my head once more and noticed Ashton and Michael walking down the hall with Lynn

"What the hell.." Was the first thing I muttered. I watched the three laugh and quickly slammed my locker shut, hurrying down the hallway. Sometimes I really hated having a locker so close to Michael's. 

When I headed in my first-period classroom, it was empty. I laid my stuff down on the desk and took a seat. 

"Luke?" My teacher - Mr. Miran - spoke from his desk at the front of the room. "You're certainty early, class doesn't start for fifteen more minutes. Did you need help on something or are you just here to hang out?" 

"Just here I guess." I shrugged. Mr. Miran knew when the line was drawn, and he never crossed it. So he went back to reading his book with a nod. I leaned back in the seat and closed my eyes. I felt really tired, not physically but just mentally exhausted. 

"Hey Mr. M." I heard someone speak and my eyes went wide when I looked up to see Kody standing in the front of the room. Mr. Miran looked really pleased to see him as they greeted one another. Kody's eyes traced over to me with a smirk and I wanted to run from the room in that very instant. 

"Did you need something, Kody?" Mr. Miran asked. 

"Mm. No, but Ms. Vinson needed you." Kody smiled. "She's in the office, she said she had a question for you or something." 

"Oh thank you." Mr. Miran smiled and walked out of the room. 

"Well, well, well." Kody smiled as he turned to me. "This is a pleasant surprise. But I'm even more surprised that you're not running from the room." He laughed but I kept a heavy glare on him. "What's the matter? You look angry." In all honesty I was shaking, but I tried my best not to show it. 

Kody walked over so he stood in front of my desk and at this point I stood up, which only caused him to laugh more. "What's the matter? Are you scared?" 

I said nothing, but everything I did only made Kody happier for some damned reason. He was insane, I knew it better than anyone else. "Don't you have something better to do?" 

"No, I don't." Kody smiled. "This is probably the best thing I could be doing right now. Watch you running wild in your head is enough for me." 

Every word I felt my face turning red, my temper rising and I felt as if the wire connecting me to my patience was about to snap. After all, nothing made me lose my mind more than this bastard. 

"You look angry, babe." Kody said, his voice hushed but a Joker-like smile on his face. 

Like I fool I swung my fist towards Kody but he caught it and like that the anger dissolved entirely into fear. Kody clicked his tongue and shook his head. "No, no Luke. You know better than that." I looked towards my wrist being held by Kody as he smiled the fist developed into an open-hand. 

I looked him up and down and watched as he released me. He stood there for a minute and I was completely shocked. "Going to try again?" Kody asked, and almost out of instinct I shook my head. "Good, you realize that what you did was bad, right?" I numbly nodded. "Nothing goes without repercussion Luke, you're lucky I care enough not to rip you apart." 

At this point Kody's laughter filled the room as he took a step back. "You look so scared, this is really great." Kody took a step closer to me and whispered in my ear. "No one can save you from yourself." He took a step back and walked towards the exit of the room. It was almost if Kody knew exactly how to get in my head. Because that was exactly what he was doing.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION; Ariana

Where do I get these ideas, I have no clue. I keep thinking today is Sunday xD Like how do you mix up Friday and Sunday! Only I could do that. 

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX