It's the first time I'd ever heard him mention his mum. Someone walks over to Josh and Sierra and talks to them, pulling their attention away from Kyle. "Are you close with her?" I probe.

"I used to be. Yeah."

"Why not now?" There's a pause. He looks out into the forest, but I can tell he's not actually seeing anything. He leans forward with his elbows propped on his knees.

"I don't like talking about it."

"Alright." I say and rub his back in an attempt of being comforting. I don't know how affective I'm though.

Eventually his energy spikes up again and there's dancing and laughing and lots and lots of drinking that I don't let Kyle and I take part of. We hang with Sierra and Josh most of the night. She's such a blubberer when she's drunk.

It's one o'clock in the morning now and Kyle and I decided we should get some rest, particularly since Belinda has an eye out for us.

We walk back to our accommodation. But Kyle pulls me back when I'm about to open the door to building. "You can't. The doors are locked."

"What? I thought it was because only wimps use doors?"

"Yeah I was lying." We walk back to the other side of the building where my window is still wide open. "Alright, so you jump there and pull yourself up at that ledge."

"What? I can't do that."

"C'mon Kristen, it's easy."

"Maybe for you. You're jeans aren't as tight as mine."

"Do you think you could at least get to the ledge? Then I can pull you up from the inside."

He starts climbing before I can answer. He throws himself into the room with a thud and I laugh on cue. "You ok?" I call in between snorts. He pokes his head out the window, his hair slightly messed.

"I'm bloody brilliant."

I step forward and grab onto the pipes which creak and tremble, then pull myself up onto the thin ledge. My hands can reach the window now and Kyle reaches out for me, pulling me up slowly. An eternity later, I'm plucked off the wall and flying into the room. Umph. "Ouch." Kyle says and I realise I fell on top of him. I roll off. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I had a soft landing."

Then we both laugh and lie on the dusty wooden floor. Kyle sits up, stands up and offers me a hand. I take it and get onto my feet. I ruffle his hair more and he just scrunches his nose. Then he smiles again, that world trembling smile. "You are the most beautiful creature I've ever seen."

Then I kiss him. I mean, how else are you supposed to respond to that?

But unfortunately I bring the kiss to an end and push him back. "Get lost."

"What?"

"Come back when you're more sober." I could smell the alcohol and it annoyed me. I've changed since being with Kyle, I've loosened up. But I will never be comfortable with intoxication. Some things won't ever change.

"I will." Then he disappeared. Ok, he didn't. He walked to the window and slowly made his way down, I could compare him to a snail but then I'd be offending snails. I don't leave the window till I can see that he has made it up to his room safely.

He looks out and smiles at me, winks and blows a kiss. I like him. I think I really like him.

***

The next day comes around eventually, but I didn't meet Belinda at the door again. Wouldn't it be great if humans could thrive on few hours of sleep every night? Luckily for Belinda, they don't. She has to shove me roughly to even make me stir.

I groggily push her away but she just keeps shaking me. Then she stops, and I lie in peace. Until I'm suddenly saturated. I open my eyes instantly to see Belinda with an empty bucket and me soaked to the skin.

"Belinda!? What was that for?" I yell at her with a husky voice.

"Damn. Why did you do that?" I hear someone else say. Donahue steps into the room and I cover myself. I'm not wearing a proper bra and I'm soaked. Not a pretty picture.

"She wouldn't wake up. I had no other options."

"Just get away from her. Do you want her to request a restraining order?"

"She's not going to get a restraining order! Wow Don, you don't have to take everything so seriously." She says and angrily storms out of the room. Don comes and tosses me a towel. I don't know where he got it from.

"Don't worry about her. You'll be leaving today anyway."

"Yeah, I will be."

"Wish your friend good luck from me."

"Sure thing."

"Oh, and Kristen," He says as he leans on the frame of the door, "Next time you jump out a window, try not to disconnect the pipes."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading!

Ugh, I had such a stressful week. All my assignments are due because I finish school next week! Yay... unfortunately I have to go to a school camp for the rest of the term. Yikes. I am hoping to get my mum to update while I am away. But I will need to write the chapters first! And I don't have any chapters ready and my assignments are taking up my time. So I don't know when I am going to keep writing. Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend and next week.

I hope you are enjoying Obsessed :)