I turn my head to look at her. "Yeah?"

"I love you." She blurts.

I smile. "I love you too."

• Next Day •

I knock on Carter's door, a smile etched onto my face. I knew that today was the day she was leaving so I had until night time to spend the day with her. I wasn't going to sit around and mourn over the fact that she's leaving. No. I'm going to be with her every second until she leaves and make her happy.

"Justin!" Carter beams when she opens the door and throw herself into my arms. "It's 9 a.m. What are you doing here?"

I bring my lips to hers and give her a quick, soft kiss. "I'm here to be with you every second of today."

She smiles even though there's a sad look on her face. "You're too much, Justin. That's why I love you."

She pulls away slightly and looks down at what I'm wearing. "Um, Justin? Why are you wearing beach shorts?"

I chuckle. "You'll see. Now go change into you're bikini."

Carter tilts her head to the side and crosses her arms. "Ok. And who say I was going to wear a bikini? I have a perfectly good one-piece..."

"No!" I blurt but try to cover it up with a cough. "Um, sure. That's, uh, cool."

She rolls her eyes and leans into me. "I was only kidding." She whispers, kissing my cheek. "Havent you seen my in a bikini endless amounts of times?"

I shrug. "Never gets old."

"You're such a boy!" She slaps my shoulder and laughs.

"I know." I chuckle. "Go change. I'll be waiting."

Carter gives me another quick kiss before skipping into her house and disappearing, shutting the door behind her.

I lean against the side of her porch and wait. I try to think of anything except the fact that Carter's leaving tonight. I still haven't been able to accept the thought. I don't want her to leave. Waiting a whole year for her to graduate seems impossible. I simply just can't wait. I need her by my side forever.

"Done!" Carter's voice chirps as she appears, clad in a cropped black top (that covered her bikini top), and her purple bikini bottom.

I bite my bottom lip. I may have seen her like that a thousand times but I always seem to forget to breath.

"What are you looking at?" She flutters her lashes teasingly.

I blink a few times. "Uhh..."

Carter laughs and reaches over, cupping my face in her hands and kissing my deeply. "Breathe." She whispers against my lips.

I moan, not succeeding. I was still absolutely breathless.

"I love it when you're breathless." She tells me, kissing my slightly harder before pulling away. "Now, c'mon. Where are we going?"

I head over and pry open the passenger door to my mother's silver Lexus, grinning cockily as I motion for Carter to get in.

Once she's inside, I close the door and make my way around to the driver's seat.

"So," I say, jumping in and starting the ignition. "Are you afraid of heights?"

• Carter •

Justin has taken me to some waterpark. I was dazzled. I haven't been to one in ages and just being with Justin made me feel bliss.

But when he dragged me up to the highest slide in the park, it all turned to fear. Maybe I was a little afraid of heights after all.

"Don't let go of the lifesaver." A lifeguard with tousled brown hair and sunglasses informed the girl that was about to slide down. She nodded and the lifeguard pushed her, her and her lifesavers disappearing down the dark slide.