Chapter 12 - Never forget

soooooooooo new chapter yipeeee, eh was talking to girl at my guides and she gave me the idea for this chapter but i was ging to write something along these lines. Thanks Deana5501.

xx blue xx

**********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 12 -  Never Forget

Seth’s P.O.V

I breathed in the warm, humid evening air. Relishing the peace from everything. Especially Cailyn and Luke’s constant bickering over the slightest thing, it is kind of funny because Cailyn nearly always wins. She doesn’t stop until you give in. I wandered through the forest going nowhere in particular. The setting sun causing the leaves to cast an emerald glow over the many flowers. My eyes take in every sight; my ears hear every noise even the almost silent scuffling of the small animals. Skylar disappeared earlier I don’t know where she went I guess she just wanted some peace and quiet to sort her thoughts out. I keep meaning to tell her about the game tomorrow, I’ll tell her when I get back. The ground beneath me starts to slope downwards and I come back to earth. My subconscious must have led me here without me knowing. I walk down from the top of the bank. I’ve never been here before and I’ve been all over camp considering that I’ve lived here for 7 years. I take in the sight around me, the wide stream lapping at my feet. Steep banks with tall trees, a mixture between deciduous and coniferous. The steep banks are covered in a long soft grass, dotted around are different types of flowers, it’s a bit like a small wild meadow on either side of a wide stream.

I notice a line of different coloured stones, stepping stones, further down the stream. I wander towards them. I carefully stand on the first stone but I decide not to walk any further tonight. I make my way onto the middle and largest stone. The stone is black and has small white flecks all over it, like a NightJay’s feathers.  I cross my hand in front of my body and sweep it over the rock without actually touching it, using my abilities to dry the rock. I turn and sit on the rock facing downstream. I can see the lake form here so I can’t be far away from it. I decide to walk back that way so I don’t get lost. Again. No I wasn’t lost I just found something I wasn’t looking for. I sit on the rock and let my hands dangle in the cold water, for what seems like hours I just sit and watch the sun go down, reflecting of the blue lake. After a bit I come to the conclusion that sunsets are better than sunrises. They mark the end of the day and the start of the night, of something new and unpredictable. 

Eventually I get up and start to walk back to my cabin. Mentally reminding myself to go to Skylar’s and tell her about the game. I think about loads of stuff like where is Skylar? what did Lyn-z mean when she said it was the universals fault her brother died?, Will the prophecy come true this time? Will Zarius ever be defeated? Too many questions not enough answers. I sigh that’s when I hear the singing. It stops me in my tracks. It stuns me. It’s so beautiful. It’s like an angel. 

I creep closer to the edge of the trees, my eyes drinking in every detail of the scene unfolding before me. Her natural ice blonde her falls down in wavy curls down her back even though it’s tied up in a ponytail. It casts a white glow around her; it looks like she’s wearing a halo. The young NightJay that stands on the sand near her hops closer to her. The girl continues to choke out her song to the NightJay. My chest feels all fuzzy and warm, butterflies flutter in my stomach, my eyes begin to water. I blink back the salty tears, I’ve never cried. She’s so caught up in the moment she doesn’t notice me watching her. She lifts her hand up to her face to brush away a tear I guess but they just keep coming soon they are falling so fast she doesn’t try to stop them. They sparkle like stars as they fall in the sunset before hitting the sand and disappearing.

She finishes her song on a quiet long note, just as she’s finished the NightJay hops even closer before he starts to mimic the melody of the song. It’s not quite as beautiful as the girl singing it but it’s still so soothing and soft it would send you to sleep straight away. My eyes become heavy and I can feel myself fall into unconsciousness. I turn away from the heart-warming scene and make my way back. During the slow sleepy walk back, I realise the singer was Skylar. She’s the only person who has hair the colour of gold. I think one thought that I’ll never forget. Even if I lose my memory I won’t forget this one thought. I won’t forget it until the day I die. I love Skylar.  

****************************************************************************************************

sooooooooooooooooooo what do you think , good, bad, improvents comment, fan, vote etc i want to know what you think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its the only way i can make it better.

xx blue xx