Chapter 11- NightJay

Ok not uploaded in like ages but inspiration has been scarce 'till i watched The Hunger Games in English as a film study :) here's the chapter

xx blue xx

****************************************************************************

Chapter 11 - NightJay

We walked back to my cabin still taking the mick out of Luke for totally freaking out. I smiled as I relived the memory; I had taken a deep breath and dove under the water. I opened my eyes in the fresh water. I swam closer to Luke; I swam close to his legs letting my long ponytail brush his them. He stiffened, still behind him I came up and jumped onto his back. He freaked out, jumping and thrashing in the water. I let go of him before he could fall back and trap me under the water. When we came up we were laughing so hard it was silent. He just stared at us like he was trying to be angry before he started laughing too.

The day was good but tomorrow I have my first lesson. I'll have to learn how to control the elements as well as learn how to handle a weapon. You learn the one your best at, sword, spear, trident, knife or bow and arrow. You've also got to learn tactics and a load of theory. I don't know whether I should be nervous or excited.

I walked with Cailyn to my first lesson, Earth control; at least I'll know one person. We walked through the forest in a comfortable silence. A black shadow flitted through my peripheral vision. I turned my head but I couldn't see it till it moved again and my eyes followed it 'till it landed it on a branch. It was a bird of some sort; I had never seen it before. It was small, jet black with small white flecks all over it. It hadn't seen me staring at it yet.

"Cailyn what type of bird is that?" I asked nodding my head in the direction of the bird.

"That is a NightJay. They are live all over Camp Elemental. They can repeat any melody, voice, animal sound anything except actual words but they only repeat it if they become attached to you." She must have seen my look of confusion.

"They tend to get attached to someone whose voice they like. They kinda become a...pet...but they can still leave you."

"Oh" was all I responded with.

The lesson went well I managed to catch up with everyone else after about an hour so I'm now at the same level as them. The teacher said that I was extremely talented with the earth it took some people years to get to the stage I was at after an hour. I managed to throw rocks, bend trees plus plenty more. After dinner I came down to the beach by myself, I'm still here on the beach sitting down watching the sunset with a blank mind. The sunset it so beautiful, I prefer sunsets to sunrise, I don't know why I guess the sunset is so much more peaceful and the colours are softer. The way the sun reflects of the water in front of me is just so...so...soothing and calming after a day of blood, sweat and tears throwing rocks around. Just then a NightJay landed a few feet away from me. It looked at me with its wise black eyes, it like it's trying to figure me out, am I a threat or a friend. Right then Cailyn's words come back to me: "They can repeat any melody, voice, animal sound anything except actual words" I wonder if it would repeat me if I sang something. I go through my mind what song could I sing I couldn't sing a modern song, I should sing a slow song, then what about the song my mum sang to me when I was younger.

Fly like a bird up the highest mountain,

Fly like a bird over the biggest ocean,

Fly like a bird over the rooftops of the city,

Fly like a bird all over the world,

Fly like a bird

The NightJay cocked his head listening to me sing the song. I was a little rusty I hadn't sung this song in years, not since my parents died...

Feel the wind on your feathers,

See the crystal colours of the world,

Chase the clouds and follow the sun,

All through day, all through night,

Fly like a bird

Fly like a bird up the highest mountain,

Fly like a bird over the biggest ocean,

Fly like a bird over the rooftops of the city,

Fly like a bird all over the world,

Fly like a bird

I could feel my eyes start to well up with salty tears. It brings back memories

Soar up to the highest heights,

Fly in the peaceful skies,

Feel the wind lift you up,

All through day, all through night

Fly like a bird

Fly like a bird up the highest mountain,

Fly like a bird over the biggest ocean,

Fly like a bird over the rooftops of the city,

Fly like a bird all over the world,

Fly like a bird

The tears started to fall. My mum used to sing it to me when I had hurt myself or when I had just had a nightmare. It was always the best when my dad played his guitar along with it. I remember when we went camping. It was dark and there were no clouds that night. We had lain on our backs looking at the stars. Then my mum started singing the song then my dad joined with his deep voice. I fell asleep with a smile on my face. That night I dreamt about flying. The tears started to fall leaving dark spots on the sand. Then the NightJay started mimicking the melody of the song before he flew towards me and landed on my shoulder. He's became attached to me.

***********************************************************************

What did you think??? remember to comment, fan, share ,vote

xx blue xx