the end

One and a half year later

"That'll be $2.90 please." The worker - named Gordon according to the name tag - said to me with a slight smile.

I took $3 from my purse and hand it over to him.

"Keep the change." I smiled and took my coffee with me.

"Sorry." I said as i bumped into someone.

"Its fine." He said and i looked up when i recognized his voice.

I was shocked to see a pair of green eyes staring right into me and was also holding me so i did not fall back and spill my coffee.

"Oh, hi Taylor." His eyes lit up when he saw me. His curls got longer and thats the only thing that has changed. The way my name slipped out of his mouth made me traced back our moments. The moments we could have had if we were meant to be.

"Um, hey Harry." I was lost in awe how we could meet like this.

"So, um, how are you? I havent heard about you a lot." He asked, trying to make a friendly conversation between us two.

"Im pretty good. I have my own bakery now and everything is working as i planned. How about you though?" i asked him, not because i was trying to make a conversation but because i care for the answers. I just want to talk to him. I want to hear his voice that i nearly forgot.

"Miss, please get over the line." Gordon politely said.

We walked to the nearest seat and got ourselves seated.

"Im okay. Cass' baby was born two months ago and i guess im a father now." He chuckled, making me do the same.

"You guess? You are and by the way, its yours too."

"And it is a he by the way." He smiled widely, showing his dimples i havent seen in so long.

"Oh sorry, whats his name?" i asked then i took a sip of my hot coffee.

"Dont judge me for this but his name is Taylor. I thought i would  want to remember you as long as live."

I flushed at his words. He wanted to remember me while i wanted to forget about him.

"Good name you got there." I smirked, making him laughed which made me also laugh. Ive missed this. Ive missed laughing and smiling harry. Ive missed being friends with Harry.

"Yeah." He said as he muffled his laughter.

"So, are you married with..." who is her name?! "Cassidy?" i mentioned the name.

"Cassandra. She's Cassandra." He laughed at me.

"Hey, its been a long time!" I defended myself, laughing too.

"And we're not married. I believe i have to marry someone i love and i dont love her." He looked down at the table.

"Are you okay? Im sorry i brought her up." I said when i realized this topic is making him uncomfortable.

"No, its fine. Really." He denied but i knew he was lying. I knew him too much to belive in his little white lies.

"No its not. Dont lie, Harry. I dont want to make you uncomfortable."

"Fine, i hate it when someone brings that up but i dont care if its you because ive missed you and i want to talk to you and i dont care what are we talking about because i just want to talk to you." He breathed and i was taken back at his words. Ive never thought he would say this. Ive never even thought we would meet at a coffee shop. Hell, theres just so many coffee shop out there.

"Harry, Im sorry. Ive missed you too." I sighed, looking over him with a sad smile hoping he wouldnt get this in a wrong way.

"Taylor, can i just be honest with you?" He suddenly became serious.

"Yeah, sure, you can tell me anything." i said, not knowing what to react.

"Every single night, i think about you. Ive never stopped loving you. Im still in love with you. Im sorry i had to say this but i really need to. I just, i dont need you to say anything back but uh, i just thought i should let you know what im feeling. I couldnt hold it inside me forever. Im sorry, okay." He leaned back to his chair, probably relieved after he confessed to me.

But i cant. I got someone. I got Brad. He has never hurt me. He didnt waste me. He gives me the love i needed. He is my need. I cannot let go of Brad just because i loved Harry first. Its not right.

"Harry, im actually with someone." I said honesly to him.

"Oh, I didnt know. Im sorry." His eyes looked like he just lost his hope. I didnt want that to happen to him. Ever.

"Its okay and um i probably need to go. Brad is sick at home. I'll see you somewhere." I smiled and left my seat. Leaving Harry and my chances to be with him.

I knew what im doing. I knew that that is the right thing to do.

I knew he can live without me. And i can live without him.

I knew that we werent meant to be.

Two times i gave us a chance.

Im not making the same mistake again.

-----

words count : 888words

chapters count : 15 chapters

views count : 1K+

votes count : 130 votes

GUYS OMG IM SORRY FOR MAKING IT END LIKE THIS

I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHY I DID IT BUT I GUESS I KINDA DID

LETS ALL HATE BRAD TOGETHER

I HATE MYSELF FOR WRITING THIS

BUT

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

for wanting to read this haylor story!! i know im not even close to good but thank you like ive never thought i would have people reading this even though but just like thank you i love you all and

this is the end.

no sequels.

a story is coming so soon.

p.s. its not about haylor (sorry)

much love,

aethel x