Chapter Fourteen: Lullaby

"Sing it to myself every night
You couldn't hide from all your sorrows,
Happiness is what you borrowed,
Bring back these hands that were so sharp
Do you remember or has it been so long."

----------------------------------------------

>> J A S O N <<

Jason frowned as he saw the last of April whip across the hall way. That girl could run. He shook his head, but walk inside with the geek. He needed to learn his name or not. Didn't matter. 

"Why did she run?" the geek asked with a surprised expression. 

Jason looked at the geek. Glaring at him. "That doesn't concern you geek. Now did you unlock it?" 

The geek cowards down. Trembling. He reaches down towards his pocket. "I- uh.. well I tried. But the interface was locked. And then once I got past the lock screen, which somehow enabled itself. I found that the phone was uh, well locked from a computer. Who ever this phone belongs to has something to hide or knew someone had it and locked it from a computer." I geek surfaced. 

Jason yawned. "Can you find out who it belongs to?" he asked the geek getting irritated with his excuses. 

"Ye- yeah.. Tw-two more da-days. That's i-it" the geek stuttered almost peeing his pants. Jason had to admit it was quite amusing. Jason had never physically hurt any one. Just the occasional stupid kid who wanted to "kick Jason's ass". And Jason always won, Maybe that's how he got the physical fear. 

"Two more days. Or else." Jason said and left. 

He had another goal. A new one. His eyes were set on the target that was going to get him his victory. The title he so worthily worked for. He went to April's first period. Waiting outside the door, on his phone, till the bell rang. He practically just went through all the vines, and never once laughed or smiled. They were stupid. People were stupid. 

The door sprang open as the bell rang. And Jason just waited, until he saw Aprils light blue sweater. He grabbed her by the hood and dragged her to the other side of the school. All through the door. He ignored her protests. 

They got out the doors and all the deans just looked the other way. If you don't see the crime you won't be questioned right? Jason had something on each of them. The one that stands in the corner, bulky, huge and bald, he was banging the preachers daughter. No one knew. But it was pathetically obvious, Jason thought. 

Jason walked towards his car. Opened the door and motioned for April to get in. She stood with her arms crossed other her chest, tapping her foot. "Get inside." Jason ordered. 

"I have class Jason! What the hell? Seriously, I'm not getting in." April said and tried to walk away. Jason shook his head and pulled her by the waist, her waist was so small. But she never wore anything her size. Things always made her look fat. Which she wasn't, Jason knew that. He was just confused as to why she never showed her toned body. Most girls would have been mocking guys by walking in mini skirts and crop tops. 

Jason carefully, which was very hard since April flipped him more times than he want to admit, tried to put her in the back seat. 

"This is kidnap! If you don't let me go, I will hurt you." she yelled. But being Jason, he never gave up. She suddenly had him in a shoulder lock, against the car, and on his knees. Jason was humiliated. A girl, April had him weak against a car. He tried to move, but the pain on his arm stopped him from doing anything. 

"Never. Ever. Touch me again." she whispered sending a dark shiver down his back. It turned him on. He had to admit that as she let him go roughly. April got in the car any ways. 

"I call shot gun." she happily cheered, acting as if she hadn't punched on his pride. 

He was blushing deep. He knew it, but he wasn't going to show it. It could have easily been the cold weather. Even though the sun was brightly showering light on them. He walked towards the other side of the car. 

Calm down Jason! Get a hold of yourself. That was a pathetic act, a girl kicked your ass Jason. What's your problem? You like her?

 Jason's own voice haunted him. He got in the car, controlling his immense man pride. That wanted nothing more to kick her out the car any second. Whilst his hormones wanted to kiss her hard. But he was going to listen to his logic. The part that reminded him, April was just a game. Was just another girl he had to break. 

"I totally beat your ass." she suddenly said giggling. 

He started driving. "No you didn't." he neglected. 

"Liar. I totally did." 

"Do you have proof?" he asked with a smirk. 

"Crap. I should have marked you with a bruise." she said with a pout, which made Jason's heart pound a bit louder. He hoped she couldn't hear his stupid heart coming out of his chest. 

She didn't look at him. But he stole glances at her. Like a sick puppy, no like a kid watching some toy that's off limits. Her skin wasn't perfect. She had a few red dots on her face, but they weren't noticeable from far away. Her bottom lip was larger than her upper. And her lips were a pinkish purple. He wanted nothing more than to taste them. 

She closed her eyes, and let the wind from the window surface inside the car. Her eyelashes set gently on her cheeks. They were long, without the help of fake ones. Or mascara. And a small smile played on her lips. Like a memory was roaming around, being replayed. Jason wanted to know what she was thinking, Wanted to hold her. 

He shook his head. What was wrong with him? He drove towards the small abandoned place, the one the group of boys had redecorated. Where he brought every girl to have her swooning over her feet. Where he would trick April. Tell her he was falling hard. Lie to her. 

Then in a few weeks right before graduation. He would break up with her. By a text using the infamous it's not you it's me. And for some reason Jason felt guilt, even though he had not done it yet.