"You shouldn't, not here."

"And why is that?"

He chuckled and set the glass aside before regarding me with interest. I had to admit, I secretly liked being under his intense gaze.

"The vampires here would eat you alive and as entertaining as that may be, I'd be stuck cleaning up the mess."

Of course, I thought, it wouldn't be because he cared. I frowned at the sudden thought and tried to push away the pang of hurt that settled in my chest, why would him caring about me matter so much? A man I don't even know the name of.

Slipping on my shoes, I head down towards the living room and stopped short when I found the content of my rucksack sprawled out on the coffee table. The man was humming as he strolled after me down the hallway and then ran into my back.

A noise left him and he jabbed me, making me stumble forward and out the way. With a sigh, he floated past me and went to grab a long black trench coat I hadn't noticed before, off of the corner of the curtain rail.

Once on, he turned to me and cocked an eyebrow.

"Why is my stuff everywhere?"

He slowly let his gaze drop momentarily to my belongs and then shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. "My house, my things."

My jaw dropped, surely he can't be serious?

"But these are my things, you can't just go round invading personal space like that!"

He chuckled and shook his head, "Oh but I can and I will. Whatever is in my house belongs to me, including your shit, is that understood little vamp?"

His tone had heat searing through me but now wasn't the time to dwindle on the odd sensations I felt every time the older vampire addressed me. Thinking about his words had me biting my lower lip, would that mean because I was in his house that I too, was his?

That thought along had blood rushing to my groin and in a hurry, I quickly scooped up the content of my rucksack and shoved it all back in before scampering towards the door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"No."

He held up a piece of crumbled paper and my eyes narrowed.

"Thanks." I held out my hand expecting him to give me it yet he did nothing but slowly unfold it, taking his time before ripping it into shreds.

In a flash I was on him, pressing him up against the wall with my arm under his chin. "What the fuck did you do that for? That's mine!"

The vampire sent me a slow, deliberate grin that did nothing but make anger sear through my veins. I pushed against him, fangs finally being bared as a growl leaves my throat. He let me pin him against the wall for a few moments longer before he flung me away effortlessly.

"Ah, there your fangs are, for a second there I thought you didn't have any." He dusted himself off, "You have a lot to learn little vamp. Lesson number one..."

He came close, so close that I could smell him and everything inside me was suddenly alight with desire as well as anger, a needy combination. He pinned my arms above my head, eyes glowing in the dim light, "Don't ever, ever, swear at me or I will end you. Is that understood?"

How could he say such a thing? I narrowed my eyes and kept my mouth shut, refusing to give into the domineering male despite how at the same time, I wanted nothing more than to submit and kiss his boots.

"I said, do you understand?" He growled and squeezed, making my pulse leap and a soft, strange noise to escape my lips. I would have blushed had I consumed enough blood and though I was starving, I was rather glad the vampire couldn't tell I was completely aroused as well as terrified.