Eight Letters. Three Words - Ch. 18

Chapter Eighteen

Good Luck

“You what?”

“Don’t look so shocked Chloe. It was bound to happen soon, you’re always running all over the place with him,”

I masked my surprise as quickly as possible, “Mom. You’ve already met him, twice. Dinner with him isn’t going to happen. Ever,”

My mother crossed her arms and stared at me not budging. “Dinner tonight at seven. I’m expecting to see Dylan Miller in all his glory,” she walked out of the kitchen.

I kicked my bag lying next to me on the ground, ignoring Tom’s concerned looks.

“You have to understand her Chloe, dear. She’s intrigued about meeting your boyfriend,”

“He’s nothing of the sort,” I stated. I walked out of the house closing the door behind me, and sat on the porch steps on the lookout for Dylan’s car. He’d insisted on driving me to school today which just gave me another excuse to start saving for a car of my own.

“Good morning beautiful,” he parked in my driveway and rolled down the window waving at my house.

I turned to see none the other than my mother, pressed against the glass with a concerned expression. I huffed, and slid inside.

“Don’t do that,” I rolled up the window, throwing my empty school bag on the backseat.

“Someone woke up cheerful this morning,” he joked.

“All thanks to my dearest mother,” I grunted.

Dylan toyed with the keys that dangled from the ignition, not surprising me when he didn’t push the subject further. My mom had to be crazy if she expected me to do as she said, invite Dylan to dinner. I snorted, when did I ever do as she said? However I couldn’t help but stare at Dylan, really stare at him and wonder what he would think about it, how would he react?

“You look thoughtful; did your mother cause that too?” He was smiling as he said that, showing off his perfect pearly white teeth.

“She…” I stopped and thought. Then laughed at the stupidity of it all.

“She wants you to come to dinner tonight,”

“Is that so?”

I laughed, “I refused off course, which didn’t make her happy as she’s convinced that we’re dating,”                                                                                                                                                                     

He stopped the car, parking it perfectly in the vacant space near the school entrance, “Are we not?”

I stopped laughing.

“Right,” he winked. “Let’s go princess, I’m walking you to class,”

I got out of the car and slammed the door shut, “No pet names,” I told him, pointing a finger in his face. “Absolutely no princess, beautiful, gorgeous and worst of all babe. I’ll kill you and make it look like an accident if you ever utter that word,”

He caught the hand I was pointing him with and pulled me into his arms, locking them securely around my waist. “You need to respect your guests Chloe, and last time I heard, I was your guests for today,” his lips brushed my temple lightly.