courage

Cameron's POV

Maybe I stole or glance or two at Zen's butt when I opened the door for her into the supermarket. Yep, the supermarket. Great first date location, right?

"So, uh-what do you need?" Zen asked shyly. I smiled at her.

"Just some ingredients for tea tonight mum wants me to pick up." I said casually, to which Zen nodded. We walked around to supermarket and went about with some weak small talk. We came to the junk food section.

"Hey, I've got some extra money, would you like to pick something out for yourself? Are you okay with that?" I asked warily.

"Um, yeah. If that's okay with you, could we share a block of chocolate?" She grinned. Of course I couldn't say no!

"Sure thing, sweetie!"

She rolled her eyes. "Just grab one from the back of the stack. And try not to put your hands all ove-actually, don't worry about it."

I cocked an eyebrow at her. "You sure?" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah! Don't worry about where you touch it. I still want one from the back though," she added, blushing slightly as she said so. I giggled at her. "Shut up," she grumbled.

After I bought the groceries, Zen suggested we go to a park that she said she loved. I agreed since it was close by anyway.

Zen's POV

We got to the park and sat down under a tree. Cameron actually brought a towel with him for us to sit on, thank god. I looked down at his hands - did I tell him I wasn't actually allowed my sanatizer? I only just managed to sneak it into my bag the minute I walked out the door when mum wasn't around. I kind of wanted to touch his hands - would he be weirded out if I did? Why do I even want to touch his hands?? Get your shit together, Zen.

Oh, what the Hell. I reached out and placed my fingers over his. He jumped a little and gave me a confused look.

"You're touching me...?" He questioned, to which I nodded in response. He grinned at me with pure content, and offered me some chocolate. I accepted.

As I went to grab some, he stopped me. "C-can I please feed it to you??" He blurted out. I blinked at him, amused by the outburst. I was touching his hands, so I don't see why not...

"Okay." I shrugged. His grin grew even wider as he broke off a couple of squares and delicately placed  them on my tongue. I smiled a bit as the delicious candy melted in my mouth.

"Now..." Cameron began, edging closer to me. "May I kiss you?"

"You..you want to kiss me?!" I shrieked, completely in awe. He half-smiled in response to my reaction, the little shit.

"Yeah, I would love to." He moved forward and laid down on his back, closing his eyes as he did so. "Only if you're okay with that, of course." He added.

"I-I..."

"It's totally okay if you don't want to. I understand!" He opened his eyes again and grinned up at me. I held my breath as I was about to do something that...that the ZenI know myself to be would NEVER do. Never!

"Oh, I want to." I lowered my voice, trying to sound sexy as I got up from my sitting position and straddled Cameron's hips, staring intensely into his eyes before leaning down and kissing him passionatly. Really, I had no idea what I was doing; Cameron did. He placed his hands on the small of my back, moving them up and down (a little low, not that I'm complaining), bringing me to moan softly. It felt so nice to be intimate with someone.

No, actually, not someone. Someone would be dirty and harmful, Cameron is comforting and gentle.

In fact, I think Cameron would be the only one I could ever let touch me, and the only one I could touch myself.

When we finally pulled apart, Cameron sat up with his legs crossed while I was now lying down with my head on his lap as he ran his smooth fingers through my overly-tamed hair. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, enjoying the cool breeze and the sound of rustling leaves in the trees.

"I love you..." I mumbled, half-consciously.

"I love you too." Was what I got in response.

When I returned home that evening, mum was literally jumping for joy when I told her 'the news' that I have a boyfriend (Cameron and I established that earlier).

"When do I get to meet him??" She kept asking, to which I kept answering:

"I don't know!"

I'm pretty sure she was thinking up wedding plans in that naïve head of hers. I had absolutely no expectations for where this relationship was going, it could end in disaster or it could go on forever, just like in a cheesy romance novel. I went to bed that night as happy as can be, and after a goodnight text to Cameron, I slept the best I ever had in a long time.