Twenty Two ~ Brother

(this song gives me so much frickin feels and just saying, sorry for taking forever)

Dan's P.O.V.

"Phil... Can we talk?" I ask Phil when I see him sitting by himself on a bench after school.

"Dan... I" He stops and looks like he's trying to find the right words. When I think he's going to speak again, he pulls me into a hug. I want to hug him back but I have morals and stand as straight as I was before. Phil lets me go and sighs,

"Dan... I don't know what I did, and I'm sorry for that, but can you please tell me?" 

"How do you not know?" I questioned him. He wrote a clearly stated letter, signs it, and says he doesn't know about it. 

"Phil... You, you broke up with me!" 

Phil looked so shocked and confused. There was a pause that held nothing but silence. Then I continued.

"Phil, you wrote me a letter, left it on my doorstep and it said that you were breaking up with me and going to move away... And you remember none of that?"

"First of all, I'm not moving, not anytime soon I hope, and second of all, I could never bring myself to break up with you because I want to be with you!"

"Let's just... Talk at my house, ok? I need to talk to you somewhere less public." We walk to my house in an awkward silence and it hinge about what I'm going to say. What if he's lying, I thought. What if he's just saying all of this because he's not sure what else to do?

~~~

When we walk into my house, I quickly pull Phil into my room. I pull the letter out of my drawer and ask him if he's seen this before. 

"Not once in my life."

"You sure?" 

"Absolutely." He seems to sure of himself with his quick answers. Could what he's been saying really have been true?

"Look," he says, pointing at the beginning of the paragraph, "That's not my handwriting." I looked at the writing closer and notice that the handwriting in the letter was slightly neater. Phil grabs an index card from my desk and writes the first sentence and hands it to me. I compare the two papers and see a clear difference.

"Phil... Could it really be true? Did you not write this letter?" 

"Dan, I didn't write this letter." As soon as he stopped talking, I hugged him. I squeezed him so hard because I believed what he was saying and was so happy that he was still my boyfriend, and he still cared about me, and he wasn't moving away. Phil hugged me back and started stroking my hair, resting his head on top of mine.(just because let's say that phil is taller than dan in this)

"Dan, the thought of the breaking up with you is the last thing I could ever picture myself doing. It hurts me to see you sad now and as your boyfriend I want to always make you happy. Whatever it takes, I would do anything for the sarcastic, cute, little guy that you are because I want to. You should always feel loved, especially by me because I won't stop loving you. I love you, Dan."

I smiled. A wide grin that Phil might not have noticed. He might have. But I felt so happy I had to smile. So appreciated, so wanted, needed, loved. Loved by Philip Lester. In love with Philip Lester. And I'm glad I am.

"You haven't said you loved me in so long..."

"And I need to fix that. Dan... I love saying your name, but Dan, stay here, I'll be back in a second." He left the room with a stack of index cards and a pen from my desk. I waited in my room, heard a few scuffles from outside the room, and waited some more. I moved to my bed, laying on it and staring up at the ceiling. I didn't have a clue to what he was doing. 

After what he said would be a second turned into five minutes, he came into my room with a small smile and put down the pen while the stack of index cards were gone. He came over to the bed nodding for me to move over. He laid next to me, staring at the ceiling as well with his hands behind his head.

"What did you do out there?" I was incredibly curious considering it was Phil, and he was always doing weird things.

"Something well needed," he said with a laugh. "Now come closer, we're going to snuggle." I moved closer and laid my head on his chest. He started stroking my hair again and I slowly started to fall asleep. Before I finally drifted off, Phil kissed my forehead. That was the last thing I needed to have happen for me to know Phil loves me.

 The simplest of things, just a kiss on my forehead, and I felt happiness.

Author A/N~~~

I'm so sorry I haven't updated its just that my life is a mess and I'm kind of just happy not doing anything bc stressed out (wink wink) and I just needed like a month or something. i just hope you, the reader, liked this chapter because I hate to say it but this is the second to last chapter. YES ITS SO ABRUPT BUT WAIT THERES MORE. There will be a sequel! Get ready for that and for the last chapter to never come out its like YGS 100... But that already came out so after a long awaited arrival, it'll happen. UPDATE: FOB CONCERT- about 9 weeks, 64 days, 1536 minutes, and 3840 seconds till then... THIS IS A ROUGH ESTIMATE its mathematical 

HEY EVERYONE HERES A GOOD SONG DONT LISTEN TO ANYTHING ELSE TODAY. My song recommendation is Brother by my baby gee wayyyyyy... It's Gerard but I love him and this song so much. Especially the beginning because of the dialogue that's in the beginning. it messes me up

Anyway, thanks for reading and Bye 😉