Chapter 33: Memory lane

The next morning I get up. Nicole isn't next to me. I don't know where she went. I know what we are doing in a hour though. I'm only doing it because I know Nicole loves to do it. We are all taking the motorcycles out to ride. I don't know where we are going to end up going but I do know my bike will be in the front. I have to be the leader since my dad isn't here to do it.

Nicole walks in with breakfast. She has bacon, toast, eggs, and grits. I smile at her. She kisses me. I say, " You know this is the first time you have made me any type of food."

" Well I hope you like it."

" If it is anything like your dad's cooking I'm sure I will love it."

I start eating. As soon as I take my first bite I smile. This is fucking amazing. She is the bomb at cooking. Why I haven't made her cook for me sooner I will never know.

After I am done eating she says, " Was it any good?"

" It was amazing baby girl."

She smiles and we kiss. I get up and go tell everyone to put warm close on. They do as I say. An hour later we are all on bikes. Nicole with myself, James with Ryan, Jamie with Abby, and then Lisa. We head out. I still don't know where we are going. I just let the bike guide me.

I end up coming to a biker hangout. My parents used to come here all of the time when they were in town. I have only been here a few times. The people are really nice.

We get off the bikes and walk in. We all get a table. The waitress walks up to us. She says, " What can I get for all of you to drink?" We all ask for a tea.

She says, " Do I know you two?" Talking about Abby and I.

I say, " No we live out of state."

" Oh well sorry you just look like someone I know."

She walks away. When she comes back with our drinks she hands them out. She shows me a picture. She says, " Is this you, your little sister, and little brother?"

I look at the picture. It is a picture of us. I nod and say, " Where did you get that from?"

" I knew I had seen you before. To answer your question though my dad and your dad was best friends. Your dad helped him actually buy this place. Your dad is a good man."

" My dad was a good man."

" Why are you saying it as in something happened."

" My dad and mom passed away not to long ago."

" Oh no that's crazy." I nod. She takes our order.

A man and a woman walk up to the table. He says, Hey my daughter told me what happened to your parents. We are really sorry. Your dad and I go back a long way."

" How far back?" Abby asks.

" I met your dad when we were in diapers. Believe it or not your grandma was actually my God mom."

" Oh so you uncle Bubba?" Abby asks again.

" Yes I am." He says with a smile and a little bit of a laugh.

Abby stands up and hugs him. I have never heared of this guy but I guess she has. Abby looks at me and says, " Remember the story dad told about Chat?"

" Yeah why."

" Little lady I'm Bubba Chat."

I stand up and give him a hug also. He says, " The food is on us. If you ever need anything give me a call. When you guys are in town next come by to say high."

I nod. He gives me his number. The food comes out and we eat.

****

That night we have a dinner like a family. I cooked chicken cordon bleu, Lisa made corn on the cob, James made country style greenbeans, Ryan made ribs, Nicole made mac'n'cheese, Abby made salad, and Jamie made a killer mudslide cake.

We eat the dinner. It is amazing. We are amazing cooks if I do say so myself. After dinner we go watch a movie together as a family.

****

The next day we go to the pool hall to see how it does during the day. Abby is able to hang out this time since it is day time. A lot of the pool tables are filled up. They have the game on to watch. People are sitting at the bar. It makes me happy to see that even at daytime it is busy.

Abby, Nicole, and I play on one pool table while Lisa, Jamie, James, and Ryan play on the one next to ours. The boys beat the girls. At my table we are just playing for fun. We spend two hours at the pool hall. We then leave.

****

The next day I decide to go to the renter's house that my parents stayed to check on. I call before I go and they say that it is ok that I come. No one comes with me even though everyone ask if I wanted them to go. This is just something that I need to do by mmyself.

I knock on the door. A very young woman opens the door. After I tell her who I am she lets me in. She calls for her husband. He walks out and we sit down on couch.

He says, " I'm sorry to hear about your mom and dad. They were really good people. We fell like it is our fault."

" It is no one fault. It was just their time to go. Did the problem the house had get fixed?"

The wife says, " Yes the problem got fixed. Your dad made sure of that before he left. The leak hasn't acted up since then."

" Well that is good. As you guys probably know you are now renting from me. I will give you my number in case you guys need to call it."

They nod. The husband goes and gets s pin and a piece of paper. I write down my number with my name. We spend the rest of the hour just talk about the house and my parents. They had some good stories to tell about my parents.

A/N: Happy thanksgiving. Since it is thanksgiving I have decided to update one more then normal.