Chapter 27: Dealing

I have to take care of some business. First thing first is talking to James about our pool hall.

I call him and tell him to come over. Abby is back in school. He comes over in ten minutes.

I walk him to the kitchen table. I say, " So the reason I have ask you to come her is because I want to know how the pool hall ib Daytona is doing."

" Business has really started picking up down there. Some of the workers that were working there when we got it are still there. They loved the theme we were going to start and it turns out that they were lesbians and gay. Since it has picked up we are going to start having ladies night on Friday and drag queen night on Saterday. With the drag queen night it will also bring in straight people. I will be flying down there for Christmas if you want to come."

" Yeah I probably will. I will have to find someone to watch Abby because she probably won't want to fly. I'm fine with flying though because I have always flown and nothing bad has ever happened."

" Ok well we will get together soon to make a plan."

I agree and then let him leave. I have two more things to check on now that involves business.

I have to check on how the houses that have been getting rented out are doing. My parents had a person to mange all of the places.

There are six places in total. Three in Daytona, one in the keys, one in DC, and the other in St. Thomas.

I call the person who my parents had in charge of those places. She needs to know that she will be keeping her job. I call her and ask her to meet me for lunch.

Thirty minutes later I am sitting with the woman. Her name is Sara. I say, " As you know my parents have recently passed away."

" Yes Ms. Hill I know that and I am sorry for your lose."

" Please call me Amber Ms. Hill was my mom. The reason I have asked you here is because I wanted to see how the houses are doing and let you know that you will be able to keep your job if you want to."

" Yes ma'am I will love to keep my job. All of the houses are doing good. All of the renters are always on time with paying their bills. The house that your parents were working on has had no other problems. The couple in DC who rent the house lease is coming up but they have already informed me that they would love to sign another lease but for two years this time. The house in the keys is coming up on the fifteenth year mark. After that point they will own the house. Before you parents died they were talking about buying two more houses in the keys after that point. I will understand if you don't want to buy any more houses."

" That is all good information. Thank you. I don't really have the money unless there is a way to get the houses cheap."

" Your welcome. Well there is a way which is called flipping a house. Normally you would buy the house for dirt cheap and fix it up, and then resale it. However you can still do all those steps but just rent it out."

" I would like to do that but do I need to be there for any of that."

" You could but you don't have to. I can take care of it all but you have to sign off on everything that is done."

" That is fine with me. I know my parents trusted you so so do I."

" Thank you."

" Your welcome." We eat and then leave.

The next stop is a meeting with the bar and grill mangers. The day manger, the night manger, and the weekend manger.

I have already called a meeting so I am on my way there now.