Chapter 16 - Part I *EDITED*

Jacob's POV

Cleo washed her hands aggressively, the dark red blood of the vamp swirling down the drain. The tense silence in the room was deafening as everyone silently watched her, too afraid to do anything or bring up the current situation.

The fact that this mission was more serious than we expected never dawned upon us, and now we're helpless to what we should do. Cleo was our leader, and the fact that she wasn't in a good mood darkened the already suffocating atmosphere. I watched her from a corner as she rubbed her hands raw on a towel, her tan skin turning an angry red, seeming to reflect her mood. She stalked out of the room, Ryx tailing behind worriedly.

Sighing, I leaned against the wall. My phoenix was getting restless, and I didn't know why. 'What is bothering you Xaa?' I asked him softly. Xaa is usually very calm and collected but today he has been pacing around restlessly. 'She's changing. Growing. Let her free.' He muttered before slinking back into my unconscious mind. Confused, I turned to speak to Kayla about Xaa's words. "Kayla, Xaa spoke to me." I said. Her eyes widened in shock as she came over to my side. "Are you serious? "She questioned. "What did he say?" It's true that our spirit animals live within us, but phoenix's rarely speak, unless their words of wisdom is truly necessary. I repeated what he said to Kayla, my voice holding the same confusion that her face expressed. "Who's changing? We know it's a female, but who? Is it Cleo?" Kayla mumbled to herself, lost.

"We'll muse upon it later, but for now we have greater troubles." I told her. She nodded in agreement. The vamp revealed much to us, for he feared the pain we had in store for him, needless to say, he died anyway, by Cleo's hands nevertheless. The Silver Arrows whom we wiped clean were just a small part of a bigger picture. 'The Elders' the vamp said, were the heads of the main operation. Operation of what? Wiping the entire planet of the other supernaturals, leaving humans to be used as blood bags. It was going to be a massacre. A Supernatural War. And we were smacked dumb right into the middle of it.

We immediately contacted the SAC, and they were assigning all assassins to this mission. The Anti-Super War, they called it. It was amusing to know that the SAC bothered looking for names, but the silly name was the least of our concerns now. "We should find Ryx and Cleo. Goddess knows what Cleo might have done by now." Kayla said, pulling me out of my thoughts. Nodding in agreement, I followed her out of the room and made our way to the reception area.

__________________________

Okay Guys! First part of Chapter 17 is up! I'm upto my neck with homework and research at school, who knew Sixth Form was so hard?! Anyway, hope you enjoyed this part, kindly vote and comment if you think you like the chapter. Or don't, like seriously, I have only like 24 reads in my last chapter lol. People are giving up on my book aren't they? *sigh* what to do.... anyways catch ya later!