Chapter 5

Chapter 5 –

Carson’s P.O.V

I laughed at  the look Allison gave me.  Brendon heard and when he saw Allison his eyes when wide. It was pretty funny to see his face like that, but that is Allison for you she always had people checking her out, especially when she was wearing a dress as tight as that one.

“Can you please move?” I asked Ryan.

“Sure” he smirked. He stood up and moved to the side for me.  I gave him a weak smile and slid into the seat.  I laughed when Allison said that she thought the band broke up because when we were freshmen that are all we would ask for is for them to get back together. It’s funny how when you get older you forget the crazy stuff that you did when you were a kid.

“Carson?” someone said snapping their fingers in front of my face.

“What?! Is there a fire, are we going to die!?” I said in a panic. Everyone started to laugh.

“Does she always do this?” Brendon asked Allison.

“Yeah, pretty much. Has she done it before to you guys?” She asked.

“Yeah,” They all laughed.

“What did she do?” Allison asked.

“It’s ok we don’t need to repeat that special moment “

“One, Two, Three, I DON'T WANT TO BE TURNED INTO A UNICORN!” they all screamed throwing their arms over their eyes making a blush creep on to my cheeks. Allison was laughing so hard with everyone and I just sat there and stared down at my lap; I was so embarrassed. After three seconds of thinking about it, I started to laugh with them.  We finished dinner; I said bye to everyone and left to go home with Allison.

I said bye to her and walked into my house.  “Mom, dad you home?” I walked up to the kitchen table to find a note:

Carson-

Grandma fell at her house so we had to fly down to Arizona to go be with her. Call us when you get this, also there is food in the fridge for you. We don’t know how long we are going to stay down here so call your sisters if you need help with anything.

Love you, mom and dad

“Well that’s just great.” I put down the note and called my mom.

“Hi honey, are you alright?”

“Yup, how is grandma? Is she ok?”

“She is good nothing is broken. She is just more in shock; well that’s what the doctor said.”

“That’s a relief, but why didn’t you guys call me and tell me to come with you?”

“Well we called your phone like three times but you never picked up and we didn’t know what restaurant you were at.”

“Oh I wonder what is wrong with my phone?” I jumped when I heard a knocking on my front door.

“Hey Mom, I got to go.”

“Ok honey, call us later. We love you, bye.” I walked to the door and opened it to find Ryan standing at my door step. 

“Hey,” he said

“Hi um… I don’t mean to be rude but what are you doing at my house?”

“It’s a long story. Can I come in?”

“Oh! Sorry yeah sure."

“So this is the Woods house hold?”

“Yup, it’s not much, but it is home.”

“That’s cool so I know that you are probably are frustrated because I asked you to let me in but it would be easier to tell you if we went for a walk or something.”

“Ok um… I am going to go change then and we can go for a walk.” I left for my room and changed into skinny jeans and a purple shirt then put on my slough boots, and jacket.

“Ok let’s go!” We walked out the front door and started to walk the dark empty street ahead of us.

“So…”

“So…” He said in a mocking voice. It’s like he already knew me because when he saw my face get red from wanting to know what the story is he started to laugh.

I started to jump up and down.

“Please, please, please! Tell me what the long story is? I want to know so badly,” I said in a begging kind of voice.

“It is… n…o…thing” he laughed

“What!? Why would you do that?”

“I just wanted to go for a walk and no one else would go for a walk with me.”

“You could have said that you wanted to go for a walk I would have went for one with you.” I said walking up the bench that was near the park and sitting on it. He sat next to me and we stared at the empty swings.

“Carson,” he said

“Huh?”

“Why do you always do that?” he asked staring straight at me.

“Um… I really don’t know I just kind of zone out. I just start to think about things and in the end I over think them and end up saying something completely irrelevant.”

“Oh! That's really weird.” He laughed. 

“Well you're pretty weird for wanting to go on a random walk,” I said back.

“Sorry for being curious and wanting to know more about our new band member!”  He laughed again, what I don’t understand is what I am doing to make him laugh.

“What do you want to know?”

“Everything.”

“Well that is helpful. Um… I guess all you need to really know is that Allison and I have been friends since kindergarten, my favorite cereal is Captain Crunch, and my birthday is January 13th.” I said digging my shoe into the snow under our feet.

“Wait! Your birthday is next month and you didn’t tell anyone?” he said in shock.

“Yeah,” I said in a quiet voice and letting my hair fall in front of my face.

“Of course you are the only person I would know to be embarrassed of their birthday,” he said with a laugh and pushing the hair out of my face and behind my ear.

“I don’t know why I don’t like my birthday; I guess it is because I don’t like all the attention that it puts on me.”

“Wow you are officially one of the weirdest people I know.”

 “Why thank you,” I said in a fake British accent.  We talked a little longer, and then we walked home for some hot chocolate.

“So have you lived here your whole life?” He asked standing in the middle of the living room.

“Yup,” I started to walk towards the kitchen when I tripped over my feet and landed right on top of Ryan.

“Oh my gosh I am so sorry! Are you alright?” I said in a panic.

“I am fine, but I feel like you forgot to leave out clumsy when you were telling me things about you,” The front door swung opened reveling an upset and shocked looking Allison.

“Oh shit,” I said under my breath.

______________________________________________________________

There's the next chapter! Vote! Comment! Fan! Love you guys!