Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Allison’s P.O.V.

It was 5:50 when I arrived at the restaurant. The closest place to leave my car was a parking garage a couple blocks away. I found a spot on the first floor and headed to Bella Vista as fast as I could in my high heels.

When I walked in, it smelled like tomato sauce and fresh-baked bread. I told them my name and a middle-aged blonde woman walked me to a booth in the back of the small restaurant. I sat down and after a few moments started becoming paranoid.

I wonder whose coming. Am I over-dressed? I shouldn’t have worn the heels. They make me look too fancy. This dress is kind of tight. What if Carson’s grandparents are coming? They’re really conservative. I met them in like third grade and they got mad at me for wearing white after Labor Day.  I’m not wearing white am I? I looked down at my black dress. No, good.

“Allison!” Carson waved at me, interrupting my thoughts.

I sighed in relief. She was wearing a dress. It was coral with a white belt.

Then, I saw the people behind her. I couldn’t believe my eyes at first, but when they came closer, there was no mistaking it.

His slicked back hair, huge brown eyes, skinny body…

“Fuck me,” I sighed.

“What was that?” His silvery, extremely sexy voice asked me. He was close now, a couple feet away, his crotch parallel to my eyes.

Shit! I shook my head. Did I say that out loud? “What? N-nothing…I didn’t say anything,” smooth, stay smooth. I got up. “I’m Allison,” I flashed him a smile.

“I’m Brendon,” he smiled too with gleaming white and perfectly straight teeth. I fought the urge to say “I know.”

After the other three introduced themselves, we sat down. I was on the end, next to Jon with Spencer next to him. Carson was on the opposite side of me, in the middle of Ryan and Brendon. I mentally glared at her.

The waitress came over and took our drink orders. Brendon ordered a bottle of wine and waters for the table.

When she left, I got curious. Why would Panic! at the Disco be with Carson? Why are they even in Pittsburgh? Did she pay them to eat dinner with us? That must be really expensive. I know they used to be her favourite band, but is that still true? I never talk to her anymore. That’s why I offered to give her a ride home from the dance, so we could reconnect or whatever. But I basically blew that.

“So not to be rude or anything but, why are you here?” I finally asked.

“We were celebrating our newest member of the band,” Ryan said, using his thumb to point at Carson. Good Lord, was he gorgeous! No wonder pink rose up on her cheeks. 

“What?” I wondered intelligently.

“Carson’s in the band,” Ryan repeated, gesturing towards her, causing her blush to redden.

My eyes went wide with shock. That is not possible, “Shut up!”

“I know, right? We’re just so amazing,” Jon said.

Everyone laughed. “When did you join?” I asked Carson.

“This afternoon,” she mumbled.

“Ohmygawd! I can’t believe it! That’s like, the coolest thing ever!”

The waitress came back with our waters and wine. “What would you like to have?” she asked us.

I ordered cheese ravioli. When she left Jon and Ryan both reached for the wine, which toppled over and spilled on me. I jumped at the sudden contact.