Chapter 29

"You know, it's been a while since we've gone out for a run," Niall says as they're all sitting in the living and trying to decide on a game to play. 

"Well, if you want to go in his old office and find some shit to get ourselves into, go right ahead. I am not going back into that office again in my lifetime hopefully," Louis said without even looking over to Niall. 

"Alright, if I find something, will you go with us Mr. Tomlinson?" Niall asked. Of course Louis nodded. What else was he supposed to do? There was nothing fun to do here and he was losing money and allies. 

After nodding, Niall walked out of the room and down the hall. It stayed silent until Harry got up and left the room to go to his and Louis' room. He didn't want Louis to go but he wasn't going to make a big deal about it. Harry decided he was just going to go about his business and pretend like his omega isn't putting his  life in danger just for the hell of it. He wasn't exactly surprised that Louis didn't follow him or even walk into the room later, but it would've been nice to know that Louis cared about how Harry was feeling. It wasn't every day that Harry got fed up with the conversation and just... Walked out of the room. He would yell or he would talk in that weird scary voice that he used when he was angry. He was a mysterious man (Just pretend that the fucking cupcake is mysterious af, please.) who didn't show emotions as much as the average person - alpha, omega, or beta. He just wasn't a normal angry person. 

"Bye Haz!" Louis called as he walked in the room to grab a change of all black clothes and walked back out. 

"Yeah, love you too," Harry muttered under his breath. He really didn't seem like an alpha. He hated that he grew so attached to people and had times where he definitely didn't seem like an alpha. He seemed like he was flat out omega, but he'd rather have moments where he seemed like an omega than be an alpha who was never around their family because they were always out either at work, cheating, out with friends, or getting piss drunk. 

He got no response but the slamming of the front door. He dragged himself out of bed and walked to Doris's room. He looked in and saw that she was conked out on the couch in her room. He moved her over to the bed they moved her to after she outgrew her crib. She didn't even look like she'd wake up if there was an earthquake that caused the whole house to fall through the earth and be swallowed up. 

Harry trudged his way to the living room where his untouched food was waiting. He didn't understand why Louis had to leave before lunch was over. He wouldn't hold Louis back from doing something he enjoyed though, which was honestly where he made his first mistake. If he told Louis that he wasn't allowed to go on the run, Harry would have a Louis cuddled up in his arms. 

He emptied all of the plates into the trash and set to washing them all. He focused on whatever was going on in the outside world while washing the stupid dishes. He counted two red birds, one dead black bird floating around the lake past the trees, two chirping crickets that definitely had no business hopping around at this time of day. He could hear the birds making noises and he could see the yellow and orange leaves, even when he closed his eyes. He loved fall, but hated it so much at the same time. 

Harry reminded himself not to worry about what Louis was doing or if he was okay or if he dead or if he was dying... But those thoughts always lingered in the back of Harry's mind. He didn't want Louis to go anywhere where he could be put in danger. He didn't want Louis to go on runs. He wanted Louis to be there, with him, cuddled up in their bed with the heavy blanket tucked up to their chins as they secretly try to push one another off the bed. And that's where his plan was first thought up. He knew that there was one thing that would keep Louis from going on runs for sure. 

|-/

Harry didn't start worrying horribly until it started to rain. Louis didn't like thunder and he could already hear the thunder rumbling in the distance. What would happen if Louis got too afraid? Would he have a panic attack? Would he run into the arms of another alpha and fall in love or maybe get hurt? Would he get too distracted by the stupid thunder and get hurt or killed or caught by the police or maybe he would get kidnapped. Harry didn't want to think of any of those things, so he went to the bathroom and did the only logical thing there was to do. Tipping the cup of water back to make the pill easier to swallow, he looked at himself in the mirror. 

He poked at the dark purple-ish bags under his eyes and flattened his eyebrows out to make sure they were even and looked at his cheeks. He noticed that they got pinker when he took pills... Or maybe because he was going on his fifteenth hour of no sleep at all. He was tired of waiting for Louis, he was tired or waiting for his face to stop being so tired. He was tried of waiting for sleep to take over his stupid body so he could relax a little bit. He was so tried of everything. And with these thoughts of anger running through him, he punched the mirror above the sink. It cracked into about 20 pieces and his knuckles were now bleeding. 

He was glad that he and Doris were the only ones home at that moment. As soon as he hit the mirror and looked at his bloodied knuckles and at his tired face and tired, dull eyes, he sunk down to the floor. He pulled his knees up to his face, resting his arms over his knees and his face in the space between his arms. He cried a lot that night. He doesn't know how much he cried. He doesn't want to know how much he cried. He knew he'd be embarrassed by how much he cried. He had no reason to be crying, but he could blame it on something stupid and claim it was an alpha thing and hope that nobody called him out on it. 

He looked to the clock and saw that it was nearing 5 in the morning. He realized then that he had been crying for almost two and a half hours and that he should probably get to sleep. But when he stood up, he felt dizzy and sick. He made it to the bed, grabbed a pillow and blanket off the bed, and walked back into the room. He was dragging the blanket behind him much like a toddler would've, but he didn't care. He just wanted to sleep, not think, relax, and just forget about everything in the whole world right now. 

It was 30 minutes after Harry laid down that Louis walked in. He saw Harry on the floor and rolled his eyes, "Wake up, please." 

Harry shook his head, "I'm awake, trust me, I didn't sleep all fucking night." After showing his slight anger and annoyance, he stood up and walked out into the bedroom and collapsed onto the bed. 

"Harry, what's wrong with you?" 

"Nothing, are you implying that you think something is wrong with me, Louis?" Harry asked in a very accusatory manner. 

Louis shook his head, "Even if you did have shit wrong with you, I wouldn't tell you that I thought you did. It's for you to decide whether or not it's a legit thing wrong with you. Anyway, you're upset. You don't need to lie about it." 

"I don't know. Just let me sleep." And that's what Louis let him do. Louis took a shower, Harry slept. Louis crept into bed and pulled the covers up to cover himself, Harry slept. Louis spooned Harry, Harry sighed in his sleep. Both of them were greatly relieved that they could sleep peacefully now and that they wouldn't have to get up that day. Doris was going somewhere with Elouise, Niall's new girlfriend. She seemed very nice, but here was the real test. 

(1.457 words.) I don't know what the hell happened in my brain that inspired me to write this... Maybe it had something to do with the Narry foot breaks. Plus, Harry's clearly an alien. He had a bone in his foot that most people don't have. Maybe it's the fact that I'm half awake and it's only 22:48 right now. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. P.S. The new album song list was released on iTunes today. Perfect is literally about Larry. Nothing you say will make me think otherwise. And Larry is definitely going to come out soon. Modest is no longer their management as of today, as well... We're making progress. Slow and steady wins the race, right? We haven't given up on the ship just yet, so let's not give up when it's clearly so close to sailing on it's full worldwide maiden voyage. I don't even know what the hell I'm writing. Sorry.)