Chapter 24

"Mommy, I hurted myself and daddy won't get up!" Doris screeched into Louis' ear. 

"What happened Dori?" Louis asked in a sleep filled voice. 

"She's not hurt, love. She's hungry," Harry whispered, turning to spoon Louis. 

"Mommy! I hungry!" Doris shouted, stomping her foot to show how hungry she really was. 

"Alright, what do you want? I'll make you something to eat," Louis sighed. 

"Eww, you burn everything. I don't want you to make my food!" Doris whined out, making Louis groan. 

"Well, I guess you're not as hungry as you say that you are," Louis laughed and Harry whined and nudged Louis' shoulder, wanting Louis to spoon him and pay more attention to him, "There's no way in hell that you're an alpha, Harold. I swear you need more attention than, well... Doris, and she's an omega and a child."

Harry got out of the bed grumpily and walked out of the room, throwing a "come on Doris, I'll make you food" over his shoulder. Doris happily followed Harry, ignoring his sour attitude. 

"Mommy, are you coming?" She asked once Harry and her were at the door frame. Louis shook his head and rolled over onto his side, "No, he'll just make me eat healthy vegetable shit."

"Is Louis eating with us or is he going to continue to pout?" 

"Mommy said no because you'll "probably make him eat healthy vegetable shit," Doris shrugged as though it was no big deal, not that it was. Harry just had to accept the fact that she really didn't have a filter and she was going to say bad words no matter what Harry or Louis did. 

Harry was halfway through cutting up the chicken to put on the grill when Louis came down the stairs, tripping right over the last stair and falling on his face. Harry put down the knife calmly, trying not to worry Doris and walked into the living room where Louis was now crying and holding his bleeding nose. 

"Lou, we've talked about rushing down the stairs," Harry scolded softly, picking Louis up. 

"It jumped out at me. Stop acting like I do everything wrong!" Louis yelled at Harry. It obviously startled Doris because she screamed before breaking down and crying. 

"Doris, love, what's wrong?" Harry asked, reaching out to grab Doris up also. She backed away from Harry while looking at him with hate-filled eyes. 

"You hurted mommy!"

"No, no, no! I didn't hurt mommy. I was helping mommy. Mommy fell on the stairs and hurt his nose. I didn't do that to mommy, I promise," Harry said, trying to get Doris to calm down long enough to pick her up and take her to the kitchen. 

"My life has become so chaotic between the two of you and your job, Louis," Harry mumbled under his breath. 

Has he forgot that I'm here in his arms? Louis thought. Of course that thought led to, is he mad that Doris and I have made his life "chaotic"... Which made Louis cry harder. Once Louis began to cry harder, Doris cried harder and Harry got more stressed out. 

"Doris, come here and follow me to the kitchen. I need to clean mommy's nose and finish our lunches," Harry demanded the small omega in his alpha voice, getting aggravated that there were two crying people, one in his arms and one crying and terrified of him. 

Doris nodded and put her head down and Louis whimpered, crying even harder when his sore and swollen nose rubbed harshly against Harry's chest.

"Louis, be quiet. I'm going as fast as I can to get you to the kitchen. Maybe next time you should be more careful on the stairs," Harry growled. 

"Put me down," Louis said through tears.

"What?" Harry asked, shocked that Louis even heard him. 

"I said, put me down, Harry. If you're going to be so angry that I fell on the last stair, rather than just ask if I'm alright, put me down. I don't need you to help me."

Harry put him down and let him do whatever he wanted. If he thought that he didn't need Harry's help, Harry wouldn't give him his help. Harry turned to pick Doris up but she was already walking through the doors of the kitchen. 

"Alright, do you want your chicken on your salad or on the side?" Harry asked, continuing to prepare the chicken for the grill.

"I want it on top of my salad, Harry," Doris said, wiping her face of the dried tears. 

Harry nodded and walked out of the house to grill the chicken. He got through 5 songs on his phone before the chicken was all done. It was just Louis' luck that he was standing behind the door when Harry pushed open the door quickly.

"I'm sorry, Louis, I didn't mean to hit you with the door," Harry said and walked back off into the kitchen to prepare Doris' salad, "You want ranch on your salad, right Doris?"

He received a nod so he went ahead with mixing the lettuce and grilled chicken together. He poured ranch over it and handed it to Doris before making his own salad. He decided that he'd be nice enough to leave lettuce and chicken out for Louis to make his own salad.

"Thanks for the help, Harry," Louis said sarcastically as he walked in to make his own salad.

"You said you didn't need my help," Harry shrugged.

Louis rolled his blue eyes and opened the cupboard to get a bowl. Now was a time where he hated how short he was and loved how tall Harry was. They always had a cute moment when Louis was trying to reach something from a top shelf. Harry would come up behind Louis and easily grab whatever Louis was reaching for and make a joke like "you should know by now that you can't top" and they'd end up kissing and laughing and making jokes. But now that Louis has decided that he doesn't need Harry's help, Harry will settle for just watching Louis try to grab a bowl from the top shelf. 

"You're an asshole, Harry, you know that?" Louis sneered as he walked out of the kitchen. 

"You said you didn't need my help. I'm respecting your wishes. How am I the asshole here?!" Harry shouted to Louis. Louis, of course, didn't answer. 

When he reached the top step, with no injuries mind you, he did a small celebration dance that Harry would have, undoubtedly, laughed at. He had to admit that it was pretty funny, but it was also fun to do. Louis looked into the mirror that was placed in front of the staircase and groaned at the sight of his stomach. It was not a pleasant and cute tummy, it was a fat and ugly tummy. It was in this moment that Louis vowed to eat less food. 

Louis sighed as he walked into his and Harry's room and cuddled into the blankets. See, he thought to himself, I don't need Harry's help to do anything. With that in mind, he fell asleep semi-happily. 

1.191 words. Hopefully this makes up for not updating for a while. Thanks for the ones of you that have stuck around this long. :)