CHAPTER 4: HOME SWEET HOME

Dani fled the dinner as quickly as she could without arousing suspicion from the two men.

She was about a block from her new abandoned home when she turned into an alley to get home quicker.

She felt someone grab the back of her hoodie and yank her backward, then shoving her into a nearby wall.

She gave a small cry of pain as her bump was roughly slammed into the wall, it felt like someone attempting to pop an infected pustule. The force of the impact caused her wings to erupt from her back.

She looked at her attackers, they had gone to school with her. There were three, all of them had jeans and school sweatshirts on, their eyes flickered black.

Dani's mind flicked back to the man who'd shot her.

The tallest stuck his hands in the back of her sweatshirt and started yanking out feathers.

Dani shrieked in pain, which earned her a hard slap to the face.

The shorter two flipped her over so she was facing the wall.

Feathers were harshly pulled out, two deep older voices yelled at the three boys and they fled the scene.

Dani slumped to the ground landing on her back, she stared at the sky as blood pooled in her sweatshirt.

The shorter man from the diner was crouched above her. He outstretched his hand to help her up, but Dani flinched causing her to give a cry of pain from her wings.

He yelled, "Sam! Get your ass over here! They're human!"

A tall moose looking man came jogging down the alley and asked, "Dean! Is she alright?"

Dean shook his head and said, "I don't know, I'm gonna call Cas, I still don't think she's human,".

He bowed his head for a moment closing his eyes. He rose his head and glanced around as a shorter man in a mental hospital outfit and a trench coat over it appeared out of nowhere.

Dani gave another cry of pain seeing as how he just had to appear on the one bit of wing that poked out from under her back.

He jumped back a bit. looking down at her, he squinted and tilted his head.

Dani had tears in her eyes, she hadn't had any painkillers for her wounds in a while. Just to add onto it, those boys just had to rip feathers out of her wings. And to top it all off, puppy trench coat guy had decided to stand on one of her wings.

Trench coat guy looked at Dean and asked, "What is this Dean?"

Dean rolled his eyes and Sam said, "That's why we called you Cas. I think we should get her back to the motel."

Dani started to try to get up to run away, but Dean put a hand on her wounded shoulder making her cry out.

He jerked his hand back and said, "Sorry! Jeez."

Dani scrambled against the wall to help heave herself upright. Her crutches were on the ground against the wall, she leaned down and grabbed them adjusting them, trying to go back home and away from these people.