We had them. 

"Blow this up, cyclops!" That voice sounded all too familiar through strained vocal chords as the BLU Scout jumped towards the cart, starting to push it. Demo hesitated. We all knew what he was doing. Nobody else on the BLU team moved. 

Before I could raise my gun to fire, the bombs went off as Scout was blown to pieces before me. It was like witnessing our Scout's death all over again. I jumped.

"No!"

The BLU team rushed forward, Demo collapsing in a heap beside me, a bullet between his eyes. 

Something inside my head completely snapped....

We all scattered again, the Medic appearing in my sight once again. Pyro appeared, going straight to the cart and scorching everything he could see. I heard screams of pain, once again feeling the Medi Gun heal the bullet holes in my hip. I sat up a little straighter as I pointed to the Heavy. I didn't care what would happen. I wasn't going to let that Sniper kill anyone else. I wasn't going to give the Medic the slightest hint of what I was planning to do. He just nodded, starting to charge on the Heavy as I ran back to the front lines, through the BLU team as the Medic yelled helplessly for me to come back. I had to ignore him this time. 

I vanished inside their base. It was just as I'd remembered it from before. I bolted up the stairs as fast as I could, running for the perch. I kept my steps quiet as I reached the top. It was only my best guess that he had fled up here after he'd attacked me before. Even if he wasn't here I could till toss a few jars of Jarate from above to help my team a little. I took out my bat quietly, creeping down the long hallway towards the light of windows ahead.

He was there, sitting back to me, scoped in on his rifle. I couldn't see who he was aiming at, but I didn't want to wait to find out. I got closer, my steps quieter than the wings of a butterfly. I wound back, a feeling of eagerness rising in my chest as adrenaline pumped through my blood. With the hatred from the deaths of my teammates, and only the strength of a Scout, I swing with all my might. 

"Crack!" 

The metal bat hit his head, making him instantly jerk to the side. The sound was so satisfying to hear after all this time. After all this...it was so easy. He cried out, turning back to look at me as he almost fell out of his chair. I swung again, hitting him square in the temple, sending him crashing to the floor, a few jars following him. He blinked, stunned as I struck him once more, this time square in the chest. He wheezed hard enough to harm his own throat, all the air at once escaping his throat is he looked up at me. I smiled, panting hard as I leaned over him.

"Bet you got a nice view of me through that scope of yours..." I sat back up again, taking out my Scattergun and wasting no time in killing him at last. His head fell back onto the floorboards, the life finally snuffing out of his eyes like a pathetic candle flame. I swayed, a wave of drowsiness washing over me.

"The enemy has received additional time!" 

Quickly, I grabbed a few jars of Jarate, bolting out of the base as fast as my legs would take me. My adrenaline levels skyrocketing....then...dropping?

I slowed down, my mind spinning as I finally made it back out into the sun. It was so hot...I almost staggered as I huffed, blinking and shaking my head. What was happening? It couldn't have...been from the syringes...right? I shook my head again, breaking into another run as I neared the base, passing the BLU Medic's body as I went. 

"The payload has almost reached the final terminus!"

I passed a body on the ground, my world spinning. I was going to fall over.  The body. It was RED. I hoped with everything that it wasn't the Medic's...

Heavy screamed out as I heard him drop, the base seeming to tower above me. I dropped the Jarate in my arms, hearing them clatter at my feet. I couldn't think straight anymore, all thoughts of killing any more BLUs vanished from my mind...but I saw the payload and staggered further towards the center of the base. All I could think was that I had to stop the bomb from rolling any farther.

"Frau!"

I swayed towards the bomb, raising my gun again. My fingers...too weak to even pull the trigger. 

"Scatter!" She's gonna blow!" Blue suits washed around me faster than I could comprehend. 

The Bomb.....I had to stop it. 

"Frau!" 

The voice grew distant, sounding like it was being dragged away. It made my heart sink as it was filled with dismay and a deep emotional pain...I didn't know who it was coming from though... I collapsed on my knees beside the bomb, grabbing it. There...I was defending it...wasn't I? 

I dropped my gun beside the bomb on the ground, the gentle tic tic tic syncing with my slowing heart.

I was relaxed....