14

After a few minutes, the figure of Kirigiri Kyouko on the rooftop disappeared.

Riiiip, riiiip - A strange sound like something being teared echoed through the courtyard in the East District.

"Ta daaaa! A taser gun!" A high school girl held something like a pistol in her hands. The girl looked ahead of her at two security guards who had collapsed on top of each other. As they laid face down, you could see a thin wire coming out of their backs and connecting to the pistol the girl held.

"Hey, hey!" She called out as she pulled the trigger.

Riiiiiiiip, riiiiiiip, riiiiiiiip.

Along with the intense sound, the already unconscious bodies trembled and shook violently.

"...Aha!" As the girl watched, she had a crazy, ecstatic grin on her face.

Enoshima Junko.

She wore no makeup, as if she had only just gotten out of bed and loudly yawned again, in her hands she held a self defence weapon called a taser gun. A thin wire flew out from the gun to her target and through that wire, there was a surge of electricity. Normally such a weapon would not cause people to die, but she had modified this one so it was more powerful, as such it wasn't strange when people died due to it.

In truth, it was just to ensure she had an upper hand.

It was her self-defence weapon for despair.

After she had played with the taser for a while, she grew bored and with her bare hands grabbed the wire and shoved it into a bag. She then scrunched the bag up and threw it into a nearby rubbish bin.

"Well, that takes care of that. That genderbent Kindaichi-chan must have disappeared somewhere... Upupu, I wonder if we'll fight later?"

The girl patted down her chest and walked across the courtyard to the clock tower regally. She didn't bother to hide in the shadows, instead she tried to show off in a way to say "here I am, look at me!". Of course, if anyone watched she'd just kill them, though it may be ominous.

"Anyway, that genderbent Conan-chan is trying the get involved, isn't she? Well it's the principal's fault for meddling... But, I didn't plan for her involvement in this scenario. Well then, what to do. It's interesting that she's here and all, but she might get in the way of my beautifully orchestrated plan... oh dear, dear, dear, dear, dear, dear?"

The girl seemed to topple forward as she stopped and looked ahead of her, at the debris of desks on the ground. As she looked at the mess of metal, her cruel smile seemed to melt off her face.

"... There's no dead body." Her words felt like they weighed as much as led as they fell out of mouth. "It happened again... this is fucking despair-inducing. It's so despair-inducing it's like from out of a dream..." Her face twisted into a smile.

As Enoshima laughed, she kicked the folding chair at her feet. It didn't look like she kicked it with much strength - but the chair flew a few metres away towards one of the lights and as if it were a ball used for pingpong, it flew skywards.

As the sound that reverberated throughout the late night courtyard disappeared, the figure named Enoshima Junko also disappeared.

Like a shadow.