6

I realised after a while I was running, with tears and snot all over my face and I was writing something down in my notebook.

But, I couldn't remember why I was running anymore. I started to slow down and read what I had written in my notebook. The memory I forgot just a moment ago instantly came back to me.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" While I was screaming I ran through the Central Plaza at full speed. After blindly climbing over the iron fence, I ran along the pavement until I saw the dormitory ahead of me. I ran into the dormitory as quickly as I could, looking for Matsuda-kun's room. At a time like this the only one I can think of, the only one I can rely on is him!

As I ran down the dormitory corridor I flipped through my notebook, looking for where Matsuda-kun's room is. I remembered something.

"Unless you have a good reason, you can't visit Matsuda-kun's room at all."

But, if this isn't a good reason then I don't know what is, so I ignored that warning. I flicked further through the pages, I finally remembered where Matsuda-kun's room was and arrived at it.

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

I violently banged on his door and screamed with all my strength.

"M-MATSUDA-KUN! I-I-IT'S AN EMERGENCY, AN EMERGENCY!!"

No matter how long I waited at his door, it didn't open.

"M-MATSUDA-KUN! OY, MATSUDA-KUN!"

Even so I continued to bash my hands on his door. Desperately, I still hit the door. As I lost hope that he would appear, I still hit my hands on the door. Hitting, banging, I still bashed on the door.

".. Who is it already?"

A door opened, but it was to the room next door.

... Huh?

Strangely enough, there was no one there. The door had opened, and I heard a voice but I couldn't see anyone.

"So, what happened? What's with the racket?" The voice echoed through the hallway, it was the voice of a child. I looked around once, but just as I thought there was no one there.

"... Big Sis, where are you looking? I'm over here."

"W-Where are you?" I screamed at the seemingly empty hallway. "S-Show yourself!" With that I heard the voice again.

"Ahaha, I'm not hiding. I'm right in front of you. You just haven't realised it yet, Big Sis."

Right in front of me?

To help calm myself, I took in a deep breath, slowed my harsh breathing and focused my mind.

That's when I realised.

"Oh, have you finally noticed me?"

Right in front of my eyes stood a small, young boy who looked strangely like a Zashiki Warashi. (wiki)

"... Ah, don't feel bad about not seeing me. You see, my presence has always been barely noticeable ever since I was born. Nearly everyone I meet doesn't notice me. It doesn't bother me though, I'm used to it."

He had the face of a young boy and the voice of someone who had not reached puberty. He lacked any distinctive features surprisingly enough. For instance, if you were told to draw a child's face without looking at a picture for reference, you would end up drawing this one. It was identifiable in one aspect at least, due to the lack of features he certainly had a unique face.

"So, what's wrong?"

".... Eh? What do you mean what's wrong?"

"Oy, oy, I mean you came hear banging on the door screaming bloody murder at an hour when even insomniacs would be asleep and you don't even know what's wrong!