12

I let out a sigh and my body seemed to deflate from the sudden lack of air. As my chest tightened I was reminded of something.

"Before leaving, he could have gotten rid of the rope at least." I said, feeling tired as I struggled under the ropes slightly. But the burning and pain I felt wasn't caused by the rope. The reason why was obvious. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, so I could escape this suffering, I wanted to forget everything.

With that thought drifting through my mind I slowly melted into dreams.

Slowly, slowly melting...

As if I had been freed of my heavy body, I felt as though I was floating.

Huh?

My conciousness rapidly reappeared and by the time I opened my eyes - I noticed the rope around me had been untied.

"... Matsuda-kun?" As I sat up, I looked around the laboratory. But Matsuda-kun was no where to be found.

So then, how did the rope untie itself?

I wasn't sure if the rope had untied itself over time or perhaps I had a hidden talent for escaping bondages, like a magician. As I pondered over it, I looked around the institute restlessly. I saw an electric kettle at on the back of the desk. Perhaps I should calm myself down a little by drinking some tea.

While I hosted the thought, I poured some hot water into a teapot. I could smell the gentle scent of green tea. I poured a proper portion into a cup and took a slow sip. The hot, dark liquid flowed down from the back of my throat to my stomach. I finally calmed down.

"Looks like you've finally calmed down."

"... Eh?" Before I knew it, a strange boy was standing right in front of me. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Surprised I dropped my teacup suddenly - and it hit my foot. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!"

I writhed in agony.

"Ahaha! You're pretty clumsy, big sis!"

"W-Who? Who are you?!" As I was still in pain, the boy laughed innocently at my question.

"Hm? Forgotten already? Even after I introduced myself last night?"

Introduced himself last night?

I dragged my numb, throbbing foot behind me as I limped pitifully to the bed and I opened up "Otonashi Ryouko's Memory Notebook" which I had placed there.

"Ah! I got it!" I remembered, "Last evening, you were the one I asked to leave a message to Matsuda-kun in the dormitory..."

"Ding Dong, correct! I'm Kamishiro Yuuto from Hope's Peak Academy's 77th batch!"

"But, when did you get in here?"

I hadn't noticed him enter at all.

"Well of course you didn't notice me enter at all!" Kamishiro-kun chuckled out as he sat on top of the desk, "But you know, 'When did you get here?' is the completely wrong question to ask."

"... Eh? What do you mean?" As I replied, Kamishiro-kun grinned more.

"I mean, I've been here all along."

"A-All along..."

"To be exact, ever since Matsuda Yasuke tied you down with the rope, big sis. I listened to that lover's quarrel you were having later and everything. Anyway, that rope was tied pretty well! I'll have to ask him to teach me sometime!"

"Um, so then..." I began trying to fully understand everything in my head, "You've been hiding in this lab, you were hiding to spy on Matsuda-kun and I?"