1

Enoshima Junko despaired.

Anything and everything ended up just the way she wanted.

Everything concluded just as she had hoped, and so she despaired.

Why does it always run so smoothly?

A hot magma boiled up from the pit of her stomach and exploded as it reached her chest. It spread from her heart and flowed through every muscle in her body. Water was slowly growing around her feet, she could hear a splashing sound as droplets danced around her.

Looking more closely, you could see the water dripping down was a bright red.

She took a step and the bright red water met her feet and showered across her.

Her clothing was dyed red with blood,

her hair was dyed red with blood,

her face was dyed red with blood.

But the girl didn't care. She was intent on just trampling the ground.

Then, with her entire being, with everything she could muster, with her whole body and soul stomped her foot. She slammed her foot to the ground as if she were a demonic beast on a rampage... and she then yelled a curse at herself.

"This isn't it!"

Her screams echoed around her, like a stone shattering into small pebbles.

But still she continued, "More! More!" She screamed, "More! I want a more despair-inducing despair!" and she continued stamping her foot to the ground.

A more despair-inducing despair... yes, that's what she wished for. She wanted the world to be in despair, and she wanted herself to be taken by despair.

"More more more! A more despair-inducing desp-" She stopped in mid-sentence suddenly.

A spark of an idea interrupted her tirade. Her surprised expression remained on her face, her entire body was dyed red stood motionless and still.

"........ That's right," she whispered to herself.

There was a tap inside her skull, like someone pressed a switch and slowly her entire brain lit up with a notion. Several faces appeared. Of course, they were faces she knew... they were the faces of her Hope's Peak Academy classmates.

"...... Upupu."

A tremble shook through her body and her lips curved into a smile. She smashed her foot to the earth once again as she cackled and shook.

"Upu.... upupupupupupupupupupupupu."

Her frenzied stomping became like a dance. Joy and excitement radiated through her as she danced and she found that she just couldn't stop herself.

"Amazing! How incredibly amazing!"

Remembering the faces of the people who would bring her such despair, she felt something that was similar to a person in love, and she danced to the rhythm of despair.

"This is it! This is a fantastic despair!"

Super High School Level Despair, Enoshima Junko reveled in this despair, smiling and dancing like a madman.

This is where it begun.

This is where a story that ended in despair at the end begun.